General licences BASC statement

rbrowning2

BASC have already given up on Wales , so I would not hold my breath. The most restricted GL in Uk - once species are lost they will not come back , although if you use NRW logic that declining birds are removed ( like rooks ?) then buzzards which have enjoyed a massive resurgence in numbers due to protection should be put on the list ?

The BASC response of use 'it or lose it' was for individuals to apply - which is the opposite of what GL were introduced to prevent. GL is supposed to be light touch regulation , a single sheet of A4,  Not a Box File  full of restrictions

I used to be a staunch supporter of the BASC but no more.

The wildfowling conference was cancelled again without any real explanation,

Loss of wildfowling at Lindisfarne which they were powerless to influence,

The recent pro steel/non lead ammunition indicates they have given up and caved into the bunny huggers,

Now a pucilanamous statement on the GL debacle. 

Looks like more well paid jobs for old boys instead of effectively tackling Packham, Avery and the raptor bint.

I only stay as my fowling club provides BASC insurance. Perhaps l should votes with my feet and pack up.

Edited by grahamch

rbrowning2,

you are so right. On the one hand they claim to represent and support their members (probably in an effort to keep our fees coming in) but in reality they prefer top "kowtow" to the politicians.

Now they are needed by the shooting fraternity they are nowhere to be seen.

The National Rifle Association in the USA would never behave like BASC

Edited by ilovemyheckler

I would like to know if BASC GWCT NGO etc are involved in the same meetings and consolation on policy that WJ say they are in there social media? Are they all sitting at/round the same table as stake holders?  Maybe David could tell us? We seem to hear very little or get positive updates and i think that what frustrates folk/members. WJ are good at this to try and keep there followers on board. Even if it means using false information to keep them in the media and they need public donations to fund there challenges and negative agenda!  NB

Honestly, if you haven't already just give up on BASC. It doesn't represent shooting, it represents BASC. Save your money on subs and put it toward your GP fee, get your own insurance and just enjoy your shooting whilst it lasts, which won't be for very much longer. Perhaps ten years at best I give it before it is so tied up in red tape and gold plated legislation as to become impracticable.

You'll feel so much better once you stop believing in the fairytales.

Edited by mick miller