New car question

ilovemyheckler

I am about to buy a new car but have a bit of a quandary

I am going to get an L200 series 6. That decision is made so I won't be changing but I have 2 options;

1. Brand new series 6 Barbarian X with hard top, all terrain tyres, including VAT, first years tax, new car registration, delivery etc for just short of £41,000 on a 20 plate

or

2. Series 6 Barbarian X with hard top, all terrain tyres, including VAT, first years tax, delivery etc on a 69 plate (December 2019 registered) for just short of £35,000. This one has 1,000 miles on the clock

I like the thought of saving £6,000 now but thinking of the resale value in 3 to 4 years (the car is likely to have between 75,000 and 100,000 miles on the clock by then) which is likely to be the best option?

Me personally I'd go for the 69 plate as well....£6K saving and when you come to sell it in 3-4 years with that mileage I think there will be no difference on the price due to the year/plate but the condition of the truck.

That was based on my purchase two years ago of a 64 plate L200....i was not worried if it was a 14/64 plate more about the service history and condition of the truck

All the best

Dave

The difference between the two at resale time is : 1 owner against 2 owners and/or pre-registered/ex demo owned from 1000 miles, the plate will have a bearing too, based on my experience of having been in the trade for 20 years I’d say around £3k, believe me there are buyers out there who will pay that for the plate and one owner advantage (myself included). 

I would go down the pre reg route.

have you looked at the basc discount scheme as this worked out cheaper for me with this discount plus vat meaning I got a new vehicle cheaper than one pre registered or even 1 year old  as saved 25% on full price inc vat.

your try a broker such as Uber vans etc who offered us a good discount recently on a works van