polymag/metalmag

stu64

Lots of talk about the hades pellet and in particular people wanting them in .177 mainly to see if they offer any expansion. I've just tested polymag and metal mag in my .177 AAs410 and was impressed. shooting a 25mm spinner at 50 yards every shot was a hit with both pellets, and point of aim was no different to 8.4g jsb pellets. shot a bar of soap at 25 yards and dug out the pellet and measured it- what was 4.5mm had expanded to 5.5mm- 20% expansion. does anyone else like them/use them?

Yes it was tongue in cheek humour, sooty you didn't get it.

Your one of the rare ones that's found them accurate. If they work in your gun and happy with expansion that's great. As for soap I've not found any with the same consistency as flesh.

Fresh roadkill will yield more realistic expansion results.

I saw a video of a yank shooting the hades pellets into a tub of water to look at the expansion?? Again how realistic this is compared to flesh I don't know.

Is the polymag the one with the red plastic insert in it? Couple of guys putting squirrel shooting videos up using those with good results. 

Water has too much surface tension and does not resemble flesh.

I can understand not wanting to go poking around in old roadkill. But fresh early on a morning is fine so long as it's not sqaushed flat.

Go shoot something living and then retreive the pellet.

Edited by figgy