Shotkams first outing

Jacko3275

Good honest video. Brave to put up a video showing your misses, but good effort. Some of those pigeons looked to be out of range, learning when not to shoot is pretty important aspect in bag building. ShotKam a great tool for review, those long birds were a waste of a cartridge and the shots could have spooked unseen incoming birds. Next time you will be more selective 👍

7 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Good honest video. Brave to put up a video showing your misses, but good effort. Some of those pigeons looked to be out of range, learning when not to shoot is pretty important aspect in bag building. ShotKam a great tool for review, those long birds were a waste of a cartridge and the shots could have spooked unseen incoming birds. Next time you will be more selective 👍

Like the vid says am a novice

2 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

should have invested in some lessons as well.

In pigeon shooting didn’t know they did them

4 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Like the vid says am novice

Aye, looks like you are getting to grips with it though. A nice pair and consistent kills by the end of the day. No one can knock you unless they too put down their unedited clips! 

Enjoyed the video, watched it twice fully. Well put together. 

Slow days can make you stretch the range a bit due to frustration. When you are on a hot day you will limit to your range to guarantee kills and avoid wasting any shells. My kill percentages get higher ad the day gets busier, people think it’s practice but it’s being more relaxed and so selective in your shot choice. 

1 minute ago, WalkedUp said:

Aye, looks like you are getting to grips with it though. A nice pair and consistent kills by the end of the day. No one can knock you unless they too put down their unedited clips! 

Enjoyed the video, watched it twice fully. Well put together. 

Cheers And hopefully I’ll get more consistent on the shots

Good on you for putting up your  video, warts and all.. We have all been novices once  and we still struggle some days, I am sure you will improve and recognise what shot is on and what is not. We have all pulled the trigger and then thought maybe we shouldn't have on that one.

Enjoy your sport.

Edited by Good shot?

Also when you are at the clays next, if is informal, choose a stand you find challenging but can get a few of and practice with second barrel on any singles you miss first barrel. Need to swing through and get ahead again. 

You, like me, are still learning and we should be in the mentality of training not competing when at clays. No point chasing your score x/50 when there are specific skills you need to master. 

Watched the video .as said above the first  1/2 dozen shots were way out of range .the later ones where they are over the pattern and lower were the correct birds to shoot at  but i felt u were often hesitant  on the trigger - firing too late .letting the bird get away  .

But you nailed some perfect shots and folded them beautifully  .thats the ones you need to re watch and repeat. 

Also with shot cam on .follow the bird after the shot .with or without a hit /kill 

A field near selby for NPPC 

5 minutes ago, Paul5tag said:

Enjoyed that video much more than watching Andy crow and George Digweed dropping stratospheric birds with oxygen tanks, good and honest, where abouts were you shooting. Keep them coming .cheers mate!

Cheers

1 minute ago, Jacko3275 said:

A field near selby for NPPC 

Cheers

How are you finding the NPPC land in general, I See you had a little confusion in a previous post , I only ask as I’ve just about got all my stuff together to join, any feedback much appreciated. Cheers Paul,

5 minutes ago, Paul5tag said:

How are you finding the NPPC land in general, I See you had a little confusion in a previous post , I only ask as I’ve just about got all my stuff together to join, any feedback much appreciated. Cheers Paul,

It’s ok gets me out on my own to learn the hard way  also depends where you live and how accessible the field are to you