Shotkams first outing

Jacko3275

Enjoyed watching your unedited video, lots of school boy errors (which we all make) but we all have to learn, looks like your almost trying to aim the gun like a rifle on some shots, your best bird was from 2:55 in, do you shoot with both eyes open? Are you looking at the bird or the bead?

The one good thing about the shotcam video is you can analyse your mistakes, I look forward to seeing some more, thank you.  

43 minutes ago, old'un said:

Enjoyed watching your unedited video, lots of school boy errors (which we all make) but we all have to learn, looks like your almost trying to aim the gun like a rifle on some shots, your best bird was from 2:55 in, do you shoot with both eyes open? Are you looking at the bird or the bead?

The one good thing about the shotcam video is you can analyse your mistakes, I look forward to seeing some more, thank you.  

Ye that was the shot of the day I try shoot both eyes open ... I have been an air rifle shooter from a kid so sometimes I do stop the gun  I’m gonna try and iron out all these faults  I I think the shotkam will help to analyse  what  I may be doing wrong

really enjoyed that video...............what chokes are you using and what shot size ...........you pricked most of the birds  so you aint far off ...seems you are shooting a tad infront...

the trouble with using a shotcam...is you start to track the birds before you pull the trigger...which for me can be disarsterous :lol:

slow down ...up..... thro ...bang...........

as i said before ....loved the vid...you are blessed with some good birds and countryside ...:good:

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

really enjoyed that video...............what chokes are you using and what shot size ...........you pricked most of the birds  so you aint far off ...seems you are shooting a tad infront...

the trouble with using a shotcam...is you start to track the birds before you pull the trigger...which for me can be disarsterous 

slow down ...up..... thro ...bang...........

as i said before ....loved the vid...you are blessed with some good birds and countryside ...:good:

Thanks ..I use 1/4 and 1/2  6 shot 

54 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Nice video easy to see what’s going wrong on the missed ones should help you a lot 😊👍

how do you find the camera affects the handling of the gun?

thanks for posting 

I don’t really notice the difference 

Good post Jacko 😊

Jacko, not many put up vids of misses, and not many talk about the missed Rabbits Fox's or Deer come to think of it.

I certainly dont because i dont miss anything...  

Get more clips up, un edited please it obviously shows parts of our sport that some never ever see. 🤣

Will do I might put some in super slow mo

1 minute ago, Dougy said:

Good post Jacko 😊

Jacko, not many put up vids of misses, and not many talk about the missed Rabbits Fox's or Deer come to think of it.

I certainly dont because i dont miss anything...  

Get more clips up, un edited please it obviously shows parts of our sport that some never ever see. 🤣

As fresh face stated, the first ones you missed looked like way in front.

Have a watch of pigeon shooting 30th December video on here. Birds look about same distance as yours but half the lead and dropped. 

Cameras can make birds look much further away, so I'm assuming they were still within range. 

As others have also said a few goes on the clays at longer shots will help you see what sort of lead they need.

Great videos keep them coming.

Edited by figgy