A wind too good to miss.

JDog

Feeble. That is the only word I can use to describe myself at the moment. However in an attempt to cheer myself up and seeing that there was a 20 kph wind outside I decided to have an hour shooting pigeons.

There was only one place locally where I could go and drive myself and my kit to the place I wanted to be and that was to a birdy mix five miles from home. On arrival 200 pigeons got out of the crop and hung around so I decided to set up. I had Barney with me and he sat as still as still could be in the hide until called into action. Every bird disappeared on the first shot and it was quite a while before any came back. When they did they didn't half bounce around on the wind especially when they reached the still air in the lee of the spinney. My shooting wasn't particularly good and I ended up picking ten birds with one lost for twenty shots in exactly one hour.

Pictures birdy mix 1.jpg

Pictures birdy mix 2.jpg

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

That’s not bad going for an hours shooting, more than I have shot in the last week, how come you stopped shooting after an hour and 10 birds, not feeling well, birds stopped or run out of cartridges?

Had to go to hospital for another radiotherapy session this afternoon. 

Just now, B725 said:

It's good that you can get out while recovering and not let it get you down, but after Friday can you please put the wind speed in mph not kph. 😊👍

Of course. 

Got to hand it to you for dragging yourself out with your condition and treatment, hope you start to feel a bit better in the coming weeks.

That field looks like it might produce a few more days for you and best is, you can drive to your chosen spot, do you know what the mix is? Was it a cover/food crop for game?

The best result was you having the willpower to attempt a few hours out , just getting out is as good if not better than most medicines .

With the weather still on the nippy side don't get yourself a chill and don't try and run before you can walk , take it easy and you will be back in the pigeon shooting premier division come the Spring :good:

Well done for getting out, you need a break like that occasionally. My wife has had 3 doses of radium over the last 2 years. On each occasion she was in hospital for 4 days at a time and then a 5 week period of isolation after she came home. However after her last visit to Hospital last week, she has been given the all clear. She still needs periodic scans, but life has just got a touch easier. So, there is light at the end of what seems, at times, a very dark tunnel. Hang in there. 

6 hours ago, JDog said:

My carers only offer their services at weekends when their rate of pay is doubled. 

Time and half for Saturday till midday 😜 good report and well done on getting out solo my friend ... is that that birdy crop you shown me where you drive through the old farm buildings that you said would be good sport in the colder months ...