General license & general fieldsports cause support.

jbk

Talk to people , anyone who doesn’t shoot and is interested , tell them why pigeons are shot to protect their food , crows are shot to protect lambs having eyes pecked out don’t let them read the anti bs and think that must be gospel ! 

Write to the bbc asking them to sack Chris packham who is blantantly using his tv celeb statement for his own agenda , bbc unbiased my **** ! 

Whenever you see a media statement , Facebook etc on supporting bans etc , put a comment tell them the truth tell them why vermin are shot 

people will knock this one but join a shooting group , basc or the ngo , we need numbers on our side 

Oh way more than that! We have a team of people working on this to find a solution.

Putting up posts that knock BASC or any other shooting group will achieve nothing and just give fuel to those who oppose shooting, so please think carefully what you post.

I have said it before and I will say it again, working together and supporting each other is the way forward.

If you chose not to support BASC so be it, join another organisation and support them

Do you see the CEO of any organisation attacking another on social media? No...ever wondered why. 

Do you see those who oppose shooting fighting among themselves on social media? Ever wondered why?

Let's show solidarity

9 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if basc had not fed me a load of cobblers to get hold of my money i would be more than happy to keep quite nobody rips me of and gets to keep it quite cry all you like about it i speak as i found 

How did they mislead you in order to relieve you of your money?

Is this still relevant I wonder, if so surely we can get more signatures; https://www.change.org/p/natural-england-reinstate-general-licenses-gl04-05-06

I realise that the GL has been put back in place temporarily, but it seems that it being put back in place permanently looks a bit fragile, especially considering that darn Zac Goldsmith fellow. Anyway, I'll get myself refreshed on the GL thread about this all.

Wonder if it's a good idea for BASC to do a reduced membership option to purely fund their lobbying efforts, perhaps that'd help get more funding to them for their lobbying work, or perhaps that might cannibalise their existing membership. Just thoughts, amidst general concern that's all.

after basc gave me the big we fight for shooters speech top legal advice blah blah i parted with my money needing help i rang basc now the best they could do was advice against my better judgement i followed their advice this then caused me months of misery so I took my own path and in less than a week i sank the other side so badly the person concerned has a reprimand on his record and his superiors apologised and begged me not to take it further not only did basc give me the worst advice possible they left me to drown their speech of fighting for me was hot air and i don’t want anyone else being taken for a mug like that thank you for your time 

Thanks for that, but I still don’t know the whole story, so can’t really comment! It sounds as if you were, at best unlucky? But just to even things up, I personally know of several people who have had good advice, support and help from BASC.......

I will (and indeed have! Often!) criticised BASC, when I feel they deserve criticism, but I believe they are our best chance of protecting the future of shooting sports, and I will continue to support them in the defence of shooting, what viable alternative is there?.....who else is going to do it?

It is better to be amongst tens of thousands of voices supporting shooting,  than a single lone voice!

If you have a genuine complaint, then the way forward is to give me the exact details by e-mail and I will investigate. david.ilsley@basc.org.uk and report back to .you by e-mail or by letter, which ever you prefer. As always there are two sides to any story.

However complaining on a forum and hijacking an important thread is not constructive and not helping anyone, and certainly not helping shooting, regardless of your personal feelings or agenda.

Think for a moment, have your posts actually helped or in any way contributed to the original post?

The way shooters can help is to keep an eye on your chosen shooting organisations website for updates and calls to action. BASC will also be sending weekly emails to members updating them on the current issues we are dealing with, including trophy hunting, GL issues, game bird releasing and more

Of course you are free to say your mind, my point is that if you really want to have a pop at BASC then the most effective way is to contact me with your issue and I will do all i can to help.

If the original list was along the lines if ' what do you think of BASC' then fair enough.

The original post was an .important question about how they can contribute positively, perhaps you would be kind enough to contribute to his question?

4 minutes ago, David BASC said:

Of course you are free to say your mind, my point is that if you really want to have a pop at BASC then the most effective way is to contact me with your issue and I will do all i can to help.

If the original list was along the lines if ' what do you think of BASC' then fair enough.

The original post was an .important question about how they can contribute positively, perhaps you would be kind enough to contribute to his question?

if a thread was started about ' what do you think of BASC' it would probably get removed:hmm:

13 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I will (and indeed have! Often!) criticised BASC, when I feel they deserve criticism, but I believe they are our best chance of protecting the future of shooting sports, and I will continue to support them in the defence of shooting, what viable alternative is there?.....who else is going to do it?

It is better to be amongst tens of thousands of voices supporting shooting,  than a single lone voice!

Panoma1, we have had several robust discussion on various subjects, I hope in a constructive way, and I fully agree with the above comments and hopefully David does also.