BBC News

fern01

6 hours ago, henry d said:

Excellent, you ask for my opinion and try to railroad me by defining the questions, your not related to rewulf are you?

I'm sorry if you think I was trying to 'railroad' you Henry.  That was not my intention.  I merely would like to know your opinion and others.  My questions were based on how I feel about the BBC.  I'm sure you will have other points regarding the BBC, good or bad.   

2 hours ago, Shot & Missed said:

The big plus for the BBC used to be no commercials, not so now unfortunately, as it seems just as much time is spent tediously advertising their own programs as product ads on commercial TV.

Their outside reporters always seem to wear a coat with a prominent makers logo too

I've previously written at length about my list of grips with the beeb, so I will spare you lot that again.  Short version is I don't bother with broadcast TV, thus don't pay the licence fee.

But this weekend I'm visiting parents and they have BBC news on.  Wow, the bias is so blatant. 

Every statement the EU makes is taken as gospel, as though Noah Moses himself was reading out the 10 commandments.  Whereas, everything on the British side is challenged, picked over, what-about-ed to the nth degree.  If people just get their news from the BBC, no wonder they're depressed.

And it's not as if it's particularly well-researched either.  At one point this morning, a journalist asked a Gilbratarian Politician if they would consider 'rejoining Schengen'....

Edited by udderlyoffroad
Corrected the biblical reference!

A big issue of mine is the amount of people they send to a news location for no apparant reason.

Example. An entire film crew standing outside of someones house or a building, with no chance of interviewing anyone, and spouting **** because they have nothing to say. Or at a crime and endlessly speculating on what might be inside the van that went up the road.

To be fair...its not just beeb that do this. But they do need a cull of useless staff. They want to save 80m and cut 450 jobs???   Jeeze how much are these parasites on??

17 minutes ago, del.gue said:

A big issue of mine is the amount of people they send to a news location for no apparant reason.

Example. An entire film crew standing outside of someones house or a building, with no chance of interviewing anyone, and spouting **** because they have nothing to say. Or at a crime and endlessly speculating on what might be inside the van that went up the road.

To be fair...its not just beeb that do this. But they do need a cull of useless staff. They want to save 80m and cut 450 jobs???   Jeeze how much are these parasites on??

They all do that, but we feel , more aggrieved as it is perceived as "OUR" money!