Good end to season

islandgun

Due to several reasons I have failed to have goose on the menu so far this year,  With a strong wind at our back and darkness falling fast, Gus my Springer and I huddled down behind a sandy bank amongst the numerous splashes, However I noticed a bunch of silent Greys drift down and out of sight to a pool a few hundred metres to our right, we waited into darkness, resigned to blank we headed back towards the car, Gus kept looking into the distance, so I encouraged him to range about and he disappeared into the darkness. a few moments later the disturbed bunch came into sight as silhouettes against the moon and cloud. now or never, i followed the nearest bird with my eye and without sight of the barrel, a bang and flash from the homeload steel 3's saw a goose fall, Gus was happy to retrieve and i was very happy for a young working dog who played an enormous part in OUR Sunday dinner..😊.......  anyone else out on the last day inland

Managed 4 pinks on the last day...absolutely chuffed to bits..they seemed to have disappeared for the last couple of weeks and in the moon and wind on the last night of the season got my best bag of the season...quite ironic as I set out thinking it would be a blank...chuffed to bits is an understatement.... atb...misser

2 hours ago, misser said:

Managed 4 pinks on the last day...absolutely chuffed to bits..they seemed to have disappeared for the last couple of weeks and in the moon and wind on the last night of the season got my best bag of the season...quite ironic as I set out thinking it would be a blank...chuffed to bits is an understatement.... atb...misser

Well done, what a fantastic end to the season.

2 hours ago, misser said:

Well you not living up to your user name........great stuff

1 hour ago, powler said:

Nice one Islandgun and nice one Gus.

Mick

Cheers Mick