Browning B525 beginner

ixChris

Hello

I'm new in this hunting world and I'm looking for a shotgun. I'm thinking of a Browning B525.

I see there is different grads, what does this mean? and what is the highest. Any other tips for a new hunter?

Ps. It's important for me to get some gold on the gun ;) 

Kind regards

C

Gun fit is the most important part of getting the gun. Don’t get one that doesn’t fit you just because you like the look of it. I have a 525 grade 1 and as has been said it’s pretty boring to look at. 

What will you be shooting mostly? Clays or game?

Edited by JTaylor91

All the actions are the same. Just engraving and wood quality alters. Depends really whether you want to look good or shoot well. Grade 1 will do the business. Decent fit is vital. early second hand will be varnished stock. Later ones oiled and all the bells and whistles like invector plus chokes, over bored, three inch chambers, and long forcing cones. All this will make not a blind bit of difference. Just sales marketing. 

Go to the nearest gun shop/shooting ground with a good selection. A good ground will usually have demo models in stock of the most popular models, of which the 525 and silver pigeon are. You may not be able to hit a barn door with a 525 but find another brand suits perfectly. Once you have narrowed the choice then make a decision and either buy from the ground/shop or scour Guntrader looking for the best deal.

Best of luck.

2 hours ago, ixChris said:

Hello

I'm new in this hunting world and I'm looking for a shotgun. I'm thinking of a Browning B525.

I see there is different grads, what does this mean? and what is the highest. Any other tips for a new hunter?

Ps. It's important for me to get some gold on the gun  

Kind regards

C

Grade 1 basic Grade 5 Most expensive if you want gold on your gun then you’ll have to pay more money 💰 

18 minutes ago, ixChris said:

Thanks for all your good comments!

I have trayed the Browning B525 in a gunshop, it fits good. I assume it's okay to buy a B525 online then? The gun is the same right? or am I rong?

C

The 525 are more or less the same 

different barrel length on some 

not sure if you can order in line as I’m not familiar with the rules for shotguns in Denmark 

28 minutes ago, ixChris said:

I have trayed the Browning B525 in a gunshop, it fits good. I assume it's okay to buy a B525 online then? The gun is the same right? or am I rong?

C

Apologies, I didn’t realise you were in Denmark. I’m not sure of the rules over there and I’m uncertain if you can buy from the UK and have it shipped, I would guess the answer is probably not but some people on this forum will definitely know. 

You say you tried one in the gun shop, did you actually shoot it? The reason I say this is because I have had a gun “fitted” when I first started out shooting clays. I was terrible with it and once hit 2/50 because it wasn’t fitted correctly. I subsequently sold it and lost quite a lot of money and nearly gave up the sport. 

4 minutes ago, Taileron said:

Apologies, I didn’t realise you were in Denmark. I’m not sure of the rules over there and I’m uncertain if you can buy from the UK and have it shipped, I would guess the answer is probably not but some people on this forum will definitely know. 

You say you tried one in the gun shop, did you actually shoot it? The reason I say this is because I have had a gun “fitted” when I first started out shooting clays. I was terrible with it and once hit 2/50 because it wasn’t fitted correctly. I subsequently sold it and lost quite a lot of money and nearly gave up the sport. 

I did not tray it on a shooting range. Thanks for your advices! I will tray it out first! :)

2 hours ago, ixChris said:

C

Should all be the same yes but I have a shooting friend who claims there is a difference between 525s or any mass produced guns. He has been shooting all his life so who am Ito argue. Perhaps there are minor differences in fit depending on age. It does not take much to alter the fit of any gun.

2 minutes ago, London Best said:

And the difference between a 525 and a 725 is?

Please could someone explain this to me?

200. sorry just could not resist.