Browning B525 beginner

ixChris

1 hour ago, DUNKS said:

Should all be the same yes but I have a shooting friend who claims there is a difference between 525s or any mass produced guns. He has been shooting all his life so who am Ito argue. Perhaps there are minor differences in fit depending on age. It does not take much to alter the fit of any gun.

200. sorry just could not resist.

Thanks for your help!

Is there any way to see how old the gun is? With some kind of serie number or anything?

-C

57 minutes ago, Taileron said:

That is a thing of beauty.

My thoughts exactly

went in for a broad trigger for my 725 ( came out with 2 triggers AND a SxS ) the boss was telling us about it as my mate mentioned he had a G5 Hunter and didn't realise they did a G7....they don't apart from these specials for Malmo

8 minutes ago, ixChris said:

Thanks for your help!

Is there any way to see how old the gun is? With some kind of serie number or anything?

-C

Go on Browning site it's to do,withnthe letters in the serial,number .....underneath top lever

mines a ZY so 2012

i think its

Z1

Y2

X3

W4 etc

10 hours ago, Diver One said:

went in for a broad trigger for my 725 ( came out with 2 triggers AND a SxS ) 

Always the way, go in for one thing, come out with a new gun. I went to my local RFD a couple of weeks ago to have a look at a 20g Lincoln for the Mrs. Came out with a 12g RS12 for me.

I wonder if they will make a sporting version of that 525, look lovely in my cabinet.

On 02/02/2020 at 16:01, Kalahari said:

When you are shooting you can't see the gold anyway!

David.

Can't see a lot of things like colour of your car when driving it or the hair on your head but you still choose a colour you like and brush your hair have it cut etc.

Buy whatever gun you like the look.of, I couldn't own a gun I didn't like the look of. It would get left in the cabinet.