Another London Terror Attack.

Lloyd90

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It will be another that's been on the radar for months.Stead of putting them on the radar,they should just take them out on the QT.Remove the threat before more innocent UK BRITISH citizens are hurt.Great job by the Police, no need to ask questions,just take them out.

Edited by Davyo

6 minutes ago, clangerman said:

these attacks are all about publicity the government should impose a media blackout on the monsters today they have achieved their aim free publicity and we are paying for it with our lives shut it down boris shut it down now 

That'll just lead to conspiracy theories about secretly taking people out who have not been proven to be guilty. Media attention keeps it all legally accountable.

The shooter will have to justify his actions publicly - like it or not.

6 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

That'll just lead to conspiracy theories about secretly taking people out who have not been proven to be guilty. Media attention keeps it all legally accountable.

you maybe be right but I can’t see anyone crying about clipping a terrorist i certainly won’t 

It seems that the police are now taking these things seriously (or it may be are now allowed to take these things seriously).

People actively engaged in terrorist activity are (in my view) legitimate targets.  I hope this sends a clear message - engage in terrorism and you will receive NO mercy.

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

these attacks are all about publicity the government should impose a media blackout on the monsters today they have achieved their aim free publicity and we are paying for it with our lives shut it down boris shut it down now 

Censorship of the media is not a good idea, and probably not legal.  You would be letting them win and giving them more publicity by banning reporting events that are in the public interest. 

Agree and that is as it should be, we can not have uncountable police.  

Edited by ordnance

57 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Agree and that is as it should be, we can not have uncountable police.  

Well the police over here are, it appears, already unaccountable, contrary to agreed home office guidance, some area police forces are insisting applicants for gun licences pay a GP to confirm in writing (at the applicants expense!) that the medical information given on the application form is true......on the threat of, no confirmatory letter from a GP.......no licence!
Which is as good as saying........a person is guilty, until they prove themselves innocent! :no:

9 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Well the police over here are, it appears, already unaccountable, contrary to agreed home office guidance, some area police forces are insisting applicants for gun licences pay a GP to confirm in writing (at the applicants expense!) that the medical information given on the application form is true......on the threat of, no confirmatory letter from a GP.......no licence!
Which is as good as saying........a person is guilty, until they prove themselves innocent! :no:

hate to tell you this but i seen a gp letter on a farmer not only confirming he was fit it went further and the police still removed his firearms so if you ignore the advice you asked for what are they playing at it stinks 

2 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Hi P

i know this is very frustrating for some as the relationships with doctors can be difficult  but this situation has arisen from people not declaring issues in the past, then going on and either committing suicide or slaughtering their families and then committing suicide.

The firearms teams are only requesting the doctor notify them of any conditions so they can cross reference with the applicants information, this will also give the officer the information as to weather to grant or not ( the doctor is not being asked to give an opinion on weather the applicant is suitable)

I do not see it as guilty until proven innocent.  I see it as a more robust system,  if people continue not declaring health issues then further restrictions will apply to us all.

I just wish they would agree a set figure/cost as some people are paying £30 and other £285 ... 

If you have an issue with your doctor and are a BASC meter there is a medical service available to you.

BW 

Terry

Its less than a mile from my house, my son and I crossed over The High Road  just as it was going on we saw people running from a pub both towards and away from it.

We presumed it was some kind of fight/knifing, my son said 'bit early for a pub fight" and "were in a steel box" and we discussed how it's better to get away rather than watch, which is what we did.

The police helicopter was over the High Road and towards my house for a few hours.

26 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

Hi P

i know this is very frustrating for some as the relationships with doctors can be difficult  but this situation has arisen from people not declaring issues in the past, then going on and either committing suicide or slaughtering their families and then committing suicide.

The firearms teams are only requesting the doctor notify them of any conditions so they can cross reference with the applicants information, this will also give the officer the information as to weather to grant or not ( the doctor is not being asked to give an opinion on weather the applicant is suitable)

I do not see it as guilty until proven innocent.  I see it as a more robust system,  if people continue not declaring health issues then further restrictions will apply to us all.

I just wish they would agree a set figure/cost as some people are paying £30 and other £285 ... 

If you have an issue with your doctor and are a BASC meter there is a medical service available to you.

BW 

Terry

Drifting off topic here Terry, but being as its been posted on here, 

It has zero to do with any relationship with my GP, i have no idea who it is !!!

Can i ask you If i have not seen my GP, or come to think about it anybody from a medical profession, how would anyone prove that what i put on my application would be true ??? 

Yet i need to pay for a GP for their professional opinion on someone they don't know very much about, that is apart from having contracted chicken pox, a broken arm, a broken hand and stitches from a knife wound and all of this was well over 30 years ago. Yet they are to decide if i am (your words) suitable or not to own a firearm !!!

And back on Topic, well done to the coppers,and the correct decision was made without doubt. 

48 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

Hi P

BW 

Terry

Terry,

As I understand it, and for me, 
it isn’t so much the GP’s being involved!
It is that the stakeholders all agreed that there would be no charge to applicants for the initial Police enquiry to a GP (and the placing of a marker, by the GP on a patients medical records) this agreement resulted in Home Office guidance to this effect....payment was only supposed to come into play when/if the GP gave a negative answer, and the police required a fuller report! Even then it was undecided whether the police were responsible for paying, or the applicant! 
The GP’s reneged on the agreement, and refused to respond to the initial enquiry (and placing a marker on an applicants medical records) unless they were paid!.....originally, if the GP didn’t respond within 21 days, to their initial enquiry, then the police assumed there was nothing untoward to report and were to grant the certificate any way.

The police supported the GP’s threats by deciding arbitrarily, and contrary to Home Office guidance, to force applicants to obtain and pay for a GP’s letter (and for them, the GP’s to place a marker on an applicants medical records with every application)........by stating no letter....no licence!

This is the police going against their own employers guidance, apparently without any repercussions? And consequently have not been held to account for it?.......to me it appears the police are already unaccountable!

So..........if you sign you application form and declare you have no medical issues, as per the application questions........you are assumed by the police to be lying, unless a GP verifies your declaration? The applicant has to pay for the mandatory GP verification......meaning that you have to pay your GP to verify you are not lying!....if that is not the police deeming you guilty until you (pay to) prove yourself innocent (not lying!)..... I dunno what is!

I too apologise for going “off topic” but the prospect of police being further unaccountable is hard to ignore!

But well done to them for their prompt action in this case, I fully support those actions!

Edited by panoma1