Another London Terror Attack.

Lloyd90

15 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Yet i need to pay for a GP for their professional opinion on someone they don't know very much about, that is apart from having contracted chicken pox, a broken arm, a broken hand and stitches from a knife wound and all of this was well over 30 years ago. Yet they are to decide if i am (your words) suitable or not to own a firearm !!!

No! 

The GP is specifically not asked if you are suitable to own a firearm.  That decision is entirely up to the police.  The GP is asked to provide your medical record FACTS (not opinions) and make a note on the records that you have a firearm.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

No! 

The GP is specifically not asked if you are suitable to own a firearm.  That decision is entirely up to the police.  The GP is asked to provide your medical record FACTS (not opinions) and make a note on the records that you have a firearm.

And i have access to my own medical records do i not ? 

Anyway John This is being discussed on a different topic in "general Shooting Matters"😉

Edited by Dougy

4 minutes ago, Dougy said:

And i have access to my own medical records do i not ? 

Anyway John This is being discussed on a different topic in "general Shooting Matters"😉

You do - you can request them (for which there may be a modest charge).  Whether the police will accept them 'via you' is a different question.

You are right - we are off topic!  I will apologise and shut up 😇

I shouldn’t worry about this too much. There’ll be stacks more over the coming years. Sooner or later these wonky eyed mugs will call wolf once too often and hundreds of innocent will get the good news in a big one. In the meantime keep tuned for the soldiers of god, they’ll keep upsetting the cart, you won’t miss them there’re on every street.Takeaways, taxis, parcel delivery. They’ll be watching you. 

Are you watching them?

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Well the police over here are, it appears, already unaccountable, contrary to agreed home office guidance, some area police forces are insisting applicants for gun licences pay a GP to confirm in writing (at the applicants expense!) that the medical information given on the application form is true......on the threat of, no confirmatory letter from a GP.......no licence!
Which is as good as saying........a person is guilty, until they prove themselves innocent! 

Police are NOT insisting applicants pay doctors at all. Get it right mate!

13 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Police are NOT insisting applicants pay doctors at all. Get it right mate!

The police are saying all applicants require a GP’s letter, or they ain’t gettin a licence, so if the doctors insist on payment for a letter, and the applicant wants a licence....the police are forcing an applicant to comply because they are insisting.........no letter no licence! 

I seem to have digressed off the original topic,  so I’ll leave the issue of police accountability (or lack of!) there!

Edited by panoma1

So it appears he was very recently released from jail, where they were unable to legally detain him any longer! Surprise surprise. Given that it doesn't seem he served his original sentence it pretty much confirms what we already know that our justice system is well and truly *******!! Reports that he was being tailed by the police, which would explain the officer in dark coloured civvies carrying a manbag who appears to have shot him very quickly. Well done to the police for what at first appears to be an excellent operation, now the government have sorted the first part of the brexit cockup, they can maybe start sorting out the justice system which is well and truly screwed! At least the sentence dished out to him yesterday means we no longer need to fear him being released in a year or two.

2 hours ago, m3vert said:

So it appears he was very recently released from jail, where they were unable to legally detain him any longer! Surprise surprise. Given that it doesn't seem he served his original sentence it pretty much confirms what we already know that our justice system is well and truly *******!! Reports that he was being tailed by the police, which would explain the officer in dark coloured civvies carrying a manbag who appears to have shot him very quickly. Well done to the police for what at first appears to be an excellent operation, now the government have sorted the first part of the brexit cockup, they can maybe start sorting out the justice system which is well and truly screwed! At least the sentence dished out to him yesterday means we no longer need to fear him being released in a year or two.

Or pay for his detention!

I've said time and again on here, to the howls of a few on here, the risk that serious offenders possibly pose to the public on release, we should execute them, or build more prisons and warehouse as cheaply as possible those too dangerous for release, I would include rapist's, murders and terrorists for starters, there'd be a few more decent people still alive today.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I've said time and again on here, to the howls of a few on here, the risk that serious offenders possibly pose to the public on release, we should execute them, or build more prisons and warehouse as cheaply as possible those too dangerous for release, I would include rapist's, murders and terrorists for starters, there'd be a few more decent people still alive today.

All very good points, however let's not forget the parasitic scum that make a living out of the public purse defending these creatures. I bet there is one already upset that he has lost a lucrative payday due to the police shooting his client. You see if we did what you are suggesting just think how much money these people would loose by having their cash cows off the streets

I've now realised my son and I were within 20 meters of the shop he took the knife from when we noticed people running both ways, the road was still open. It takes 5 minutes to drive home from there and India99 was hovering nearby when we pulled up. I presume over the hostel he lived at which is 200 meters from my house.

I might check my Tracker when I'm up at the office tomorrow to see how close we were but I might not, London as ever shrugs and carries on slightly irritated that the road is still closed so buses are on diversion. I'm going to give my daughter a lift into school tomorrow just because the buses might still be messed up and I want her to get there safely. Safe from our usual run of the mill Metropolitan undesirables.

As to the Police response on Sunday the main feeling round here is along the lines of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"and "it's what happens if you bring a knife to a gunfight" .

17 minutes ago, Dibble said:

I've now realised my son and I were within 20 meters of the shop he took the knife from when we noticed people running both ways, the road was still open. It takes 5 minutes to drive home from there and India99 was hovering nearby when we pulled up. I presume over the hostel he lived at which is 200 meters from my house.

Firstly - I'm glad you are all safe - and hope you remain so.

This business highlights the problem with having people 'on the loose' in our community who want to destroy it and what it stands for.  I don't pretend to know the answer - but when you know certain individuals wish to destroy our society - it cannot be right and sensible to allow them to roam around freely - even if they are under (no doubt very resource hungry) surveillance.

9 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Firstly - I'm glad you are all safe - and hope you remain so.

This business highlights the problem with having people 'on the loose' in our community who want to destroy it and what it stands for.  I don't pretend to know the answer - but when you know certain individuals wish to destroy our society - it cannot be right and sensible to allow them to roam around freely - even if they are under (no doubt very resource hungry) surveillance.

Indeed, its well known that jihads want to kill us infidels - lock em up at minimal expense - or dropping them out of a plane mid Atlantic would be an impossible hope, or where their hate preacher came from.

Edited by Dave-G

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

or dropping them out of a plane mid Atlantic would be an impossible hope.

I have to admit to having some sympathy for this - when these are people who would 'mass murder' as many of us as possible given half a chance.  They have no place in at large in the community.

It was the tragic waste of the life of a young man. I am not usually this compassionate so make the most of it while it lasts.

Somebody was pulling his strings,  he did not radicalise himself. Whoever radicalised him is still alive, this young man is dead.

To kill the snake you have to cut off its head  

I was talking to some of our local armed bobbies today and they were somewhat relieved to have avoided Corbyn and his 'wet nurse' attitude to bad guys. Also said there are some 3,000 potential terrorists currently 'on watch' - what a hell of a burden for them to manage. On Talk Radio an 'expert' said 300 released in the last couple of years (having been jailed for terrorism-linked offences) and a further 200 likely to be on our streets soon. Any one of these could fancy his chances at any time. Boris needs to buy a few more guns and soon!