Oryx Stock / APC stock

steve_b_wales

I have my Howa in an APC stock, with the Luth MBA-4 rear stock. (They do another rear with it, but I can't remember the make/model)

It is fully adjustable and the pistol grip is nice. It's all Aluminium except the rear stock which is polymer.

Unfortunately I know nothing of the oryx stock so can't really give a comparison.

I have the detachable mag conversation, but can't really comment on the reliability of cycling as I single load when target shooting. The mags are polymer, but feel quite sturdy.

It's a nice stock for target shooting, but not sure about field work. It's quite heavy.

Edited by Newbie to this

I've recently  started using an Oryx with a Tikka action.

The action fits nicely but it uses aics magazines.  The only ones available for .204 were the 10 round .223 mags. These were pretty monstrous things and stuck out a long way.

I was able to chop one down to hold about 4 rounds and now sits level with the trigger guard.

To alter length of pull i had to buy an extra spacer kit which was around £40.  The quick release sling mount on the rear of the stock was a bit iffy as the first plastic spacer on the butt got in the way...i had to file it down a bit.

It's quite heavy but not too bad to carry around. I thought the pistol grip would be a bit of a nightmare when slinging it on my shoulder but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I use a bipod and it sits on this and the bottom of the pistol grip.  The back of the stock sits a fair way above whatever surface the rifle is sitting on, so makes the use of a rear bag tricky.

The bolt only just comes out with the cheek riser about half way up. It needs an allen key to adjust it. I will have to make some 1/4 UNC knobs to adjust it instead.

IMG_0459.JPG.b9b0d81cbdc67c6a35dc6881392c6673.JPG

Edited by wyn

On 02/02/2020 at 21:53, wyn said:

I've recently  started using an Oryx with a Tikka action.

The action fits nicely but it uses aics magazines.  The only ones available for .204 were the 10 round .223 mags. These were pretty monstrous things and stuck out a long way.

I was able to chop one down to hold about 4 rounds and now sits level with the trigger guard.

To alter length of pull i had to buy an extra spacer kit which was around £40.  The quick release sling mount on the rear of the stock was a bit iffy as the first plastic spacer on the butt got in the way...i had to file it down a bit.

It's quite heavy but not too bad to carry around. I thought the pistol grip would be a bit of a nightmare when slinging it on my shoulder but it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I use a bipod and it sits on this and the bottom of the pistol grip.  The back of the stock sits a fair way above whatever surface the rifle is sitting on, so makes the use of a rear bag tricky.

The bolt only just comes out with the cheek riser about half way up. It needs an allen key to adjust it. I will have to make some 1/4 UNC knobs to adjust it instead.

IMG_0459.JPG.b9b0d81cbdc67c6a35dc6881392c6673.JPG

Very nice.🙂 I’m not too far from you ( RCT CF39)