how far

sam triple

Yes a few seasons ago I was standing in a line of guns, a pigeon came over and I got a good shot and connection with it and expected it to fold...It when on to fly about 100yds and landed in a tree.  The gun next to me commented on why it did not fold as we looked at it in the tree....after about 20 seconds it then fell out the tree stone dead.

22 minutes ago, prem1234 said:

Yes a few seasons ago I was standing in a line of guns, a pigeon came over and I got a good shot and connection with it and expected it to fold...It when on to fly about 100yds and landed in a tree.  The gun next to me commented on why it did not fold as we looked at it in the tree....after about 20 seconds it then fell out the tree stone dead.

Hhhahhahhaaa................i larf as ive seen that loads of times....place where we used to decoy regular had an old oak tree some of the birds went for....we used to call it "the hostipital tree"...........

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

Hhhahhahhaaa................i larf as ive seen that loads of times....place where we used to decoy regular had an old oak tree some of the birds went for....we used to call it "the hostipital tree"...........

hahaha...."hospital tree"  I like it 👍

2 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

On my first ever pigeon outing with Jdog I had to run about 500y for one that flew and dropped it was one of them where you go I’m sure I get that that and then it’s going going still going gone

was he working you on the whistle............he is like that you know..

Yeah can happen if a single pellet through the organs or such like.

Seen it plenty of times on game. One partridge I was sure I hit I watched fly with beating wings for a full 400 or 500 yds at about 60 ft above a flat field before just folding up and dropping. I picked it later on and had to have a look to where I had hit it. Single pellet had gone in and hit the top of the heart. Wouldn't have believed it unless I had looked.

Also in front of my brother, hit a decent high pigeon that doubled back on itself and flew around the field we were in in a huge circle before coming backand dropping out of the sky 20 yds from us. Really obliging!

More you shoot the more you will see it but I have learned to keep watching the bird I know I have hit until I cant see them any more. A lot of the time they will drop.