BBC licence fee

Rob85

Unfortunately years ago when I had a house full I complied with the outdated law and even went paperless and pay via direct Debit.

So I am effectively trapped paying in to the system that I cannot escape from!

My eldest son has set up home up north and refuses to pay it, just puts someone elses name and address when buying a TV.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
CAPITALISATION!

28 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Unfortunately years ago when I had a house full I complied with the outdated law and even went paperless and pay via direct Debit.

My eldest son has set up home up north and refuses to pay it, just puts someone elses name and address when buying a TV.

Ooohh that's cheeky! Wish I had thought of that. There's a few people I don't like I could have a tv licence bill send to

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence/#needtoknow-4

If you're not watching live Broadcast TV (or using Iplayer), it's as simple as canceling your direct debit.

25 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Don't need a licence to own a TV; it's the act of watching live TV that requires a licence....

Outdated totally. Can't understand why a potential prime minister doesn't say they'll scrap it. Vote winner, every house in the country 300 and odd better off a year. Baghdad broadcasting corporation forced to work for a living.

We don't watch live TV but I thought you have to prove you couldn't receive it?

12 minutes ago, kenholland said:

it's a tough job putting on repeat repeat's, when you think the salary some are on , still there is no one to stop them , or is there ?.

Interesting fact.....when they published the earnings of the BBC  presenters it only covered those paid for work done via BBC London and didn't cover anything they got paid for originating from Salford as it's a different company!....sneaky or what?????

Not paid a penny for 36yrs. There again I don't have a TV.  I do occasionally when away from home switch on the hotel set, click through the channels, switch off and think....DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAY FOR THIS TRIPE !!!    I also get the pleasure of writing a twp page letter to the lady in charge of sending our enquiry letters every now and then about why I have not had a tv for all that time.  Great fun.

24 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

You don't have to prove anything. They have to prove you are or have been watching it without a licence, and if you don't admit to it there's nothing they can do. Looking at today's listings - as with most days - I feel like writing and demanding a refund.

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Outdated totally. Can't understand why a potential prime minister doesn't say they'll scrap it. Vote winner, every house in the country 300 and odd better off a year. Baghdad broadcasting corporation forced to work for a living.

The present tv licence is £154 a year, I believe, (I don't have one).  I don't understand the '300 and odd' bit.

If I where not to watch any BBC live broadcasts and for instance only watch ITV live broadcasts why should I pay for a TV licence which goes to the BBC?

Who else gets some of the money?

I am confused.

Surely some bright legal eagle can find a way to get around this. Perhaps a human rights lawyer.....

Edited by Good shot?