New from North east

TVPC

Hi everyone

New to the forum. Just after advice for permissions mainly. And how to get a better success rate

I have just been using air rifles but am due my visit from FEO for shotgun certificate...my issue now consists of.......

The main permission I have is no longer available as the new owners want all the shooting for themselves so I'm struggling to find anywhere I could use a shotgun. 

My other perms are golf courses and paddocks which I'm sure wouldn't take kindly to a 12 bore.

I've tried farms etc to no avail at present. Fully insured and have my own business cards etc. Offer to help out with odd jobs etc but no takers ad of yet. 

If anyone would like to share any advice or indeed knows of any land or woodland owners who require any pest control I'm happy to help. 

Willing to travel too.  

Cheers 

Sam 

3 hours ago, TVPC said:

Hi everyone

New to the forum. Just after advice for permissions mainly. And how to get a better success rate

I have just been using air rifles but am due my visit from FEO for shotgun certificate...my issue now consists of.......

The main permission I have is no longer available as the new owners want all the shooting for themselves so I'm struggling to find anywhere I could use a shotgun. 

My other perms are golf courses and paddocks which I'm sure wouldn't take kindly to a 12 bore.

I've tried farms etc to no avail at present. Fully insured and have my own business cards etc. Offer to help out with odd jobs etc but no takers ad of yet. 

If anyone would like to share any advice or indeed knows of any land or woodland owners who require any pest control I'm happy to help. 

Willing to travel too.  

Cheers 

Sam 

Hi Sam     Welcome to the forum ........ By the sound of it you are finding it hard to get permissions ........ my advice would be to try and join your nearest wildfowling club , most of them have got land for vermin shooting ( Pigeons ect ) , clay shooting , dog training and of course wild fowling , you will be insured and with like minded people who can sometimes open the right door . GOOD LUCK

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/02/2020 at 15:50, mad1 said:

Prudhoe....that's nearly Scotland!!!

Nearly Yorkshire 

On 05/02/2020 at 18:38, marsh man said:

Hi Sam     Welcome to the forum ........ By the sound of it you are finding it hard to get permissions ........ my advice would be to try and join your nearest wildfowling club , most of them have got land for vermin shooting ( Pigeons ect ) , clay shooting , dog training and of course wild fowling , you will be insured and with like minded people who can sometimes open the right door . GOOD LUCK

Newcastle wildfowlers can offer all of the above. They also do a guided permit scheme to Lindisfarne where you do a number of trips with experienced Fowlers

There are also plenty of shoots in the Hexham area who often need beaters

Edited by toontastic

im from Sunderland mate youll get little to no joy from just knocking on farmers doors mate most either dont want shooters on the land or already have established people who've been doing it years. i know a few land owners and they get a cold caller about it frequently. All my permissions i got through networking mate, anything to do with shooting im interested so im a member of   a practical  shotgun team, a small bore rifle club, a clay club and shoot most of the local grounds ive even been to a few of the Newcastle wildflower meets at the golf course. id honestly say youll have more success and a lot less graft by joining a club of some sort and youll get to know people who will invite you  or introduce  you to people  and before long you'll be getting requests. Bonus to that is if its a clay club you can gain allot more skill, making the days you do get on live game pretty fruitful