Knife

Farmboy91

Someone where in the garage is a British ww2 army knife, with the pointy bit on it. To the best of my knowledge it belonged to my great grandfather, anyway I'll be blower if I can find it, what I did find instead was this. 

It's currently having a nice soak in some stripper, might give it a tidy up too. Can anyone shed a bit of light on what is is/for?

Screenshot_20200206-144517.png

6 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

My grandad had one identical, always in his pocket, it was his favourite pruning knife and also a bit of a general purpose knife.

Thanks for sharing, I can only guess this belonged to my great grandfather as no one else seemed to know anything about it.

I'll stick another pic on tomorrow when it's hopefully cleaned up a bit. 

Yes, a pruning knife but as with most folding knives of that day used for all sorts of other small cutting jobs.  Usually razor sharp.

I was invited back to the old farm where I was born and the new owner took me round the old cow sheds. I reached up above the door to one and there still on the beam after 60yrs was my grandfathers old Lambs Foot which he used to cut the bale strings with when bedding down the cows. The blade was rusted solid into the frame and sharpened down till about 1/4 inch wide and unfortunately not worth saving, but still nice to find.  I remembered him puting it there every day.  Those old sheds are now ansy fancy offices full of computers where we used to shoot rats running along the beams with rice cartridges.

1 hour ago, hawkeye said:

not really but he hopes the knife is

😂

12 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yes, a pruning knife but as with most folding knives of that day used for all sorts of other small cutting jobs.  Usually razor sharp.

I was invited back to the old farm where I was born and the new owner took me round the old cow sheds. I reached up above the door to one and there still on the beam after 60yrs was my grandfathers old Lambs Foot which he used to cut the bale strings with when bedding down the cows. The blade was rusted solid into the frame and sharpened down till about 1/4 inch wide and unfortunately not worth saving, but still nice to find.  I remembered him puting it there every day.  Those old sheds are now ansy fancy offices full of computers where we used to shoot rats running along the beams with rice cartridges.

Can't beat memories like that 👍