Fully moderated.

Centrepin

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

My son is after a 20g or .410 pump action fully moderated yet I'm sure I've read something about them being FAC only. 

Any advice please?

3 shot pumps with a mod dont require a fac in the uk .infact an add on moderator for a shotgun doesnt need to go on ticket (unlike a moderator for a firearm) .

As far as the mossy hushpowers they are very good  .but you will need a pokey cartridge to get the best from them .so in the  20b  you can use up to 34 grm carts with little issue .infact a 32 grm is best .and much below 28 grm is a bit light in my opinion 

Same for the .410  go for at least a 16 grm load ideally a 19 grm one  .

11 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

3 shot pumps with a mod dont require a fac in the uk .infact an add on moderator for a shotgun doesnt need to go on ticket (unlike a moderator for a firearm) .

As far as the mossy hushpowers they are very good  .but you will need a pokey cartridge to get the best from them .so in the  20b  you can use up to 34 grm carts with little issue .infact a 32 grm is best .and much below 28 grm is a bit light in my opinion 

Same for the .410  go for at least a 16 grm load ideally a 19 grm one  .

Thanks, that's given me some ideas to pass on and discuss.

My RFD has several in stock including mossybergs. Cheap enough generally, now have to think if he can justify the outlay for what might be a very occasional use on a small holding near houses.

Maybe better to try and get a silencer for the .410 Cooey.

👍

I have had great fun with mine and yes, they do take a bit of getting used to but once you've put a few rounds through and got used to all that metal upfront they will do the job.  I shoot 18 to 19g loads all the time in my 410 and have never had any problems killing stuff out to 30yrds or so. Mainly used it from a hide over decoys, but might take it out tomorrow for an afternoon flighting pigeons into roost.