Why wait till later in life to come out

figgy

With the recent announcement of a daily TV presenter. 

I can't understand why they live a lie for so long. It's happened before and no doubt will again.

It's been legal for quite some time and widely accepted.  I feel sorry for their families to have this happen to them. Can't think the marriage would survive.  Their wives could have possibly met met another partner many years earlier and went on with a long fulfilling sexual relationship.

Might be just me,  I see at selfish. How gay are they to sleep with a woman and father children and have a relationship with them for many years. I'm happily married and hetero sexual.  I wouldn't sleep with the opposite sex, so find it odd.

Edited by figgy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, figgy said:

With the recent announcement of a daily TV presenter. 

I can't understand why they live a lie for so long. It's happened before and no doubt will again.

It's been legal for quite some time and widely accepted.  I feel sorry for their families to have this happen to them. Can't think the marriage would survive.  Their wives could have possibly met met another partner many years earlier and went on with a long fulfilling sexual relationship.

Might be just me,  I see at selfish. How gay are they to sleep with a woman and father children and have a relationship with them for many years. I'm happily married and hetero sexual.  I wouldn't sleep with the opposite sex, so find it odd.

Too late!

He (schofield) was probably scared to come out when younger due to the stigma that was around, and then as he built a career it was probably hidden so he could keep that career.
Times have changed, people on the whole don't really care about your sexuallity now ,it's a pity he has felt he has had to hide it all these years.

I have friends who were happily married, two young kids, then he announced he was gay, he came from a family of local hard nuts, you would have never have guessed he was gay, it took a lot for him to come out and tell his family, thankfully they both are still ok with each other, and have found new partners.

My said was he about to be exposed and has got out in front of it. Or found someone he'd like to be with.

I think his family is in for a bit of a tough time. 

Sad times when people feel they need to.libve a lie as it affects others 

Edited by figgy

21 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

If you gave another guy oral sex would you be in a hurry to tell everyone?  

But if it was reciprocated, you wouldn’t know the difference........if you kept yer eyes closed! Lol!:rolleyes:

The comment regarding being outed is a distinct possibility....jump before he’s pushed!
And is anyone really surprised given his mannerisms and the fact he works “in TV” with the proliferation of luvvies that media seems to attract.

Just now, panoma1 said:

But if it was reciprocated, you wouldn’t know the difference........if you kept yer eyes closed! Lol!  

The comment regarding being outed is a distinct possibility....jump before he’s pushed!
And is anyone really surprised given his mannerisms and the fact he works “in TV” with the proliferation of luvvies that media seems to attract.

How do you know?:lol:

I'm guessing that every person who delays 'coming out' will have their own reasons for doing so.

I'm not gay, so I don't really know what challenges they face on a daily basis, but I do know that as I've got older, I tend to care less about what people think of me, so perhaps that is part of the answer to the OP's query? ???

53 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

.........It’s ok so long as you can’t see who’s doing it! Think Sharon Stone in her prime! 😘

Noooooooo….please :sick: …just curious but do you not feel the whiskers/stubble?

33 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

no matter what sex they are none of them should get married or have kids  then say they are gay they are selfish and ruin families lives  if you are gay thats up to you but please dont ruin other people lives

What about gay couples who adopt babies/kids?  

Edited by old'un

54 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

no matter what sex they are none of them should get married or have kids  then say they are gay they are selfish and ruin families lives  if you are gay thats up to you but please dont ruin other people lives

you are absolutely spot on children don’t ask to be born soon as they come along they come first no ifs no buts if you can’t put your kids first you are garbage 

I just dont understand it  why another man can fancy another man.The thought of taking it up the back door.Something wrong in the head, had a bloke at work who dressed as a woman,even had a hand bag.He was allowed to dress like a woman at work.If a boke came to work wearing a football shirt there was hell on.