Storm Ciara

old'un

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just been looking at the coming weather and the experts saying February/March 2020 could see another beast from the east with average tempter of around -10c and snow drifts around 4 to 5 feet.

And some of my farmers were hoping to-do some sowing this month.

25 minutes ago, old'un said:

Just been looking at the coming weather and the experts saying February/March 2020 could see another beast from the east with average tempter of around -10c and snow drifts around 4 to 5 feet.

They can’t get the next days weather correct let alone bloody March 🤔

Edited by blackbird

15 hours ago, old'un said:

What's that experts from the sun newspaper they say it every year

On 07/02/2020 at 17:03, old'un said:

I'm sure there is some climate change, although I'm yet to be convinced how much is man made. It seems to me we are more seeing a move of the seasons with each season coming later than we are used to. 

6 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

There has been one scientist saying the sun is in a period of cooling which will mean we get colder spells. If this is true or not I don't know, I'm no scientist.. 

Don't tell Greta, it'll burst her bubble.

Whatever and how smart we all think we are, there is nowt we can do about it. Dig in batten down and ride it out.  Looks like indoor play tomorow so I'll get a load of cases primed and some 6mmBench Rest squeezed down to 22 Bench Rest.  Monday morning for sure the tree rats will be hungry:yes:

Approaching 80yrs and I have seen it all believe me. 

Edited by Walker570

16 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Whatever and how smart we all think we are, there is nowt we can do about it. Dig in batten down and ride it out.  Looks like indoor play tomorow so I'll get a load of cases primed and some 6mmBench Rest squeezed down to 22 Bench Rest.  Monday morning for sure the tree rats will be hungry:yes:

Approaching 80yrs and I have seen it all believe me. 

My indoor play is stripping paint off the stair banister, trying to get it back to wood. But it's about 90 years of paint (multiple layers and colours) so it's going to be fun.. 

20 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

All right for you lot- I’m expected to fly in it!!!!!!

It'll beak the string on your kite !.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Wish i could stay in. Picking up a car in Twycross first thing in morning to drive back to Somerset. 

Snap,  my staying in is driving to Wrexham to collect a car .