old'un

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Why didn't you drop in for a cuppa ???????   I'm only a mile down the road. Hope you have a safe journey fighting your way back.

3 hours ago, team tractor said:

As said by walker , both of us are near by and have kettles. 

Thanks for the offer guys I will let you know next time I am up :good:. My Mum lives in Burbage so stayed overnight and car was in a place calle Austrey. Its an all aluminium car so driving it back was memorable.

4 minutes ago, figgy said:

Scully just for you, 22 seconds in.

Thanks Figgy; not the video I saw on youtube, which had no bloke in a cowboy hat! I do recognise him ( he wanders around town smoking cheroots! ) but don't know his name. He's fairly new to the town, as are many people nowadays. A lot of people living there now I don't know, and each time I go back there seems to be a few more. 

Credit where credit is due.

It is quieter here now, but we have had a stormy day - with some really vicious gusts at times.  Rain has been fairly limited here.  What has been impressive (and I sincerely hope I'm not speaking too soon) is that we have had 100% solid power all through.  No noticeable glitches, dips - and no cuts.

Twenty years ago it was the publicly owned Electricity Board and it only needed a minor storm and we would be without power for hours - one clap of thunder and it was off.  It was rare to go much over a week without some form of interruption, and cuts were prolonged, sometimes over 24 hours.  All local farmers with dairies had to have emergency generators to manage milking and keeping milk cool, as did those rearing poultry or game with electric heating.  Since it was privatised, much of the infrastructure has been replaced, some cables moved underground - and much more attention has been paid to trimming trees around cables.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Thanks for the offer guys I will let you know next time I am up :good:. My Mum lives in Burbage so stayed overnight and car was in a place calle Austrey. Its an all aluminium car so driving it back was memorable.

That’s crazy how close you’ve been to us. Walker was in range of you . 
I’ll be down in the summer your way at least 6 times. 

Edited by team tractor

Mytholmroyd, Nr Halifax...Total disaster, happened just the same 3 years ago. Spent millions over the last 3 years, perpetual 1 way system, the contractors are a year over time
and still not finished
no need now as it is proven bloody useless.