Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BADGER.BRAD

Scope advise please

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

I've given my basic scope to a friend as I was going to upgrade anyway but am not sure which way to go, I'm looking for a mil dot scope  but do not wish to spend a fortune so seem to be stuck in my price range of a higher end unnamed scope with variable amplification or a lower end  Named scope ( looking on eBay). At this point I'm only plinking in the garden which the iron sights are adequate for but would like a mil dot scope so I can take it a little further at a local club. I'm using a .22 break barrel Hatsan rifle if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your advise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's your budget?

Take a look at the Hawke range of scopes, most carry a lifetime warranty. Nikko Sterling scopes are also good vlaue for money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As above but id also say if money is real tight try bsa essential or richter optics. Both about the £40 mark. I have a richter on my 22rf. I like it. I also have nikko on my airgun.

Another option go secondhand and buy a decent hawke, and when you upgrade your gun swap it over and keep it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can also recommend Hawke. Following on from the scope cover thread, (my lens covers are being held together with tape at the moment). I emailed Hawke today as suggested. They are sending a new set free of charge. My scope is at least 15 years old. 

Edited by Newbie to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

What's your budget?

Take a look at the Hawke range of scopes, most carry a lifetime warranty. Nikko Sterling scopes are also good vlaue for money.

and another for Hawke. Great range and good back up when required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone I was looking at £45ish ,I have too many hobbies and not enough time or money to to do any of them enough or too their full potential so using the air rifle would be limited in time so cannot justify spending too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BADGER.BRAD said:

Thanks everyone I was looking at £45ish ,I have too many hobbies and not enough time or money to to do any of them enough or too their full potential so using the air rifle would be limited in time so cannot justify spending too much.

Hawke fast mounts 3-9x40 are about £48 new on the bay. Never had one but can't go wrong at that price. I would be tempted to try and get better by bidding on a vantage tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BADGER.BRAD said:

Hello all,

I've given my basic scope to a friend as I was going to upgrade anyway but am not sure which way to go, I'm looking for a mil dot scope  but do not wish to spend a fortune so seem to be stuck in my price range of a higher end unnamed scope with variable amplification or a lower end  Named scope ( looking on eBay). At this point I'm only plinking in the garden which the iron sights are adequate for but would like a mil dot scope so I can take it a little further at a local club. I'm using a .22 break barrel Hatsan rifle if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your advise.

 

Forgive me if I'm wrong,  from the wording of your msg I'm thinking your older rather than younger? it's worth looking at your local gun shop so you can have a look at the rectical,  I've got a bsa scope that came on a gun the crosshairs and mildots are very fine so might not be ideal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for the advise, and your point about the size of the mil dots Mice is something I hadn't even thought about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Can also recommend Hawke. Following on from the scope cover thread, (my lens covers are being held together with tape at the moment). I emailed Hawke today as suggested. They are sending a new set free of charge. My scope is at least 15 years old. 

Got to give a massive thumbs up to Hawke's customer service.

The free of charge replacement lens cover was posted through the door this morning, less than 24 hours from contacting them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hawk or nikko I got a new Gameking nikko sterling 6-24x50 for £100 it had been on the shelf for ages, so it shows you can find good deals.

Edited by Chaz25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a look at Uttings website for scopes. Worth a go. Several offers available. Have used them a number of times. V good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/02/2020 at 14:18, BADGER.BRAD said:

Thanks everyone for the advise, and your point about the size of the mil dots Mice is something I hadn't even thought about.

Your welcome,  I've got an old taco and the bsa that came on the R10 I bought, the mil dots on the bsa are nothing like as clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...