Scope advise please

BADGER.BRAD

Hello all,

I've given my basic scope to a friend as I was going to upgrade anyway but am not sure which way to go, I'm looking for a mil dot scope  but do not wish to spend a fortune so seem to be stuck in my price range of a higher end unnamed scope with variable amplification or a lower end  Named scope ( looking on eBay). At this point I'm only plinking in the garden which the iron sights are adequate for but would like a mil dot scope so I can take it a little further at a local club. I'm using a .22 break barrel Hatsan rifle if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your advise.

4 minutes ago, BADGER.BRAD said:

Thanks everyone I was looking at £45ish ,I have too many hobbies and not enough time or money to to do any of them enough or too their full potential so using the air rifle would be limited in time so cannot justify spending too much.

Hawke fast mounts 3-9x40 are about £48 new on the bay. Never had one but can't go wrong at that price. I would be tempted to try and get better by bidding on a vantage tho

2 hours ago, BADGER.BRAD said:

Hello all,

I've given my basic scope to a friend as I was going to upgrade anyway but am not sure which way to go, I'm looking for a mil dot scope  but do not wish to spend a fortune so seem to be stuck in my price range of a higher end unnamed scope with variable amplification or a lower end  Named scope ( looking on eBay). At this point I'm only plinking in the garden which the iron sights are adequate for but would like a mil dot scope so I can take it a little further at a local club. I'm using a .22 break barrel Hatsan rifle if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your advise.

Forgive me if I'm wrong,  from the wording of your msg I'm thinking your older rather than younger? it's worth looking at your local gun shop so you can have a look at the rectical,  I've got a bsa scope that came on a gun the crosshairs and mildots are very fine so might not be ideal?

19 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Can also recommend Hawke. Following on from the scope cover thread, (my lens covers are being held together with tape at the moment). I emailed Hawke today as suggested. They are sending a new set free of charge. My scope is at least 15 years old. 

Got to give a massive thumbs up to Hawke's customer service.

The free of charge replacement lens cover was posted through the door this morning, less than 24 hours from contacting them.

On 08/02/2020 at 14:18, BADGER.BRAD said:

Thanks everyone for the advise, and your point about the size of the mil dots Mice is something I hadn't even thought about.

Your welcome,  I've got an old taco and the bsa that came on the R10 I bought, the mil dots on the bsa are nothing like as clear.