Channel invasion

TRINITY

2 hours ago, southeastpete said:

??? So they are all waiting around Calais and crossing the channel to try and get somewhere other than the uk? Hmm

You didn't read it did you, it would explain a lot and is not too hard to understand. Our country is low down on the list of countries that migrants want to come to. Please read it!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll keep coming, because to them this is the promised land. Free money, food and housing. Why wouldn't they want to come here?

The human rights lawyers are making a fortune out of them, so they certainly won't stop wasting taxpayers money. Bojo has said that we'll be instigating a points-based system for immigrants, but it obviously doesn't apply to the illegals.

DNA testing is supposed to be able to determine where people come from, so keep 'em locked up until we can deport them back to where they came from.

The money that is being squandered on HS2 could best be spent on new detention centres.

The sooner we concentrate on our own people - pensioners, the disabled and just UK citizens in general the better.

7 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Language and family/ friends already here.

English is the lingua franca of the world. In German, Spanish or Polish they'd be starting from scratch whereas in English lots and lots of people have a smattering of the basics. 

Immigrants act as a magnet for more immigrants because there is a better self-support system available for new arrivals.

But there are plenty of immigrants in Spain and Germany too. Poland not so many because the wages are much lower. 

TV plays a big part in the spread of English. So many TV channels all around the world showing hour after hour of recycled old British, Australian  and American sitcoms and soaps.

53 minutes ago, Cheshirelad said:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. 

Excellent riposte, so where does your information come from? You asked a question and I answered it for you, yes it came from the intenet, but as you will see below it has something of merit to it, what do you have that is not anecdotal that proves your point? I even gave you evidence that your thoughts on Poland`s migration stance (based on one interview) was wrong.

The link provided is a document produced by an inter-governmental agency, here it is again so you don`t need to search for it. They started just after WW2 and helped resettle the millions of people who were displaced, they now help governments find practical solutions to migration problems and have 70 years of experience, I`m sure the man down the pub who told you all you need to know about immigrants is waaaaaay better informed.

Go on have a read, sit down and critique the information you have and the information from IOM and really get into the meat and bones of the matter, I promise you it will be a revelation.

Oh come on Henry - everyone knows that there a literally thousands of people sat on the beaches in France in rubber dinghies waiting to cross and all of them are from the far east (rather than Africa) and have bats and snakes in their pockets ready to create havoc with coronavirus. And this is true because my mate told me so. 

20 minutes ago, WestonSalop said:

Oh come on Henry - everyone knows that there a literally thousands of people sat on the beaches in France in rubber dinghies waiting to cross and all of them are from the far east (rather than Africa) and have bats and snakes in their pockets ready to create havoc with coronavirus. And this is true because my mate told me so. 

I bow to your greater knowledge and more scientific method sir!

;)

29 minutes ago, henry d said:

Excellent riposte, so where does your information come from? You asked a question and I answered it for you, yes it came from the intenet, but as you will see below it has something of merit to it, what do you have that is not anecdotal that proves your point? I even gave you evidence that your thoughts on Poland`s migration stance (based on one interview) was wrong.

Pardon? I never even mentioned Poland. As it happens I have Polish neighbours and they are wonderful people.

My problem is with the illegals who are literally coming in by the boatload, and once they arrive they stay, which creates a mockery of the "points based immigration system" that the government is espousing.

Why do they not stay in Italy? Or Germany? Or France? Why are they crossing the English Channel in ever increasing numbers? Is it perhaps because they know that they will land with their bums in the butter? It certainly isn't because they know that they will be deported straight back to where they came from, because clearly this isn't happening.

10 minutes ago, Cheshirelad said:

Pardon? I never even mentioned Poland. As it happens I have Polish neighbours and they are wonderful people.

My bad, got you mixed up with someone else...its still early

My problem is with the illegals who are literally coming in by the boatload, and once they arrive they stay, which creates a mockery of the "points based immigration system" that the government is espousing.

Why do they not stay in Italy? Or Germany? Or France? Why are they crossing the English Channel in ever increasing numbers? Is it perhaps because they know that they will land with their bums in the butter? It certainly isn't because they know that they will be deported straight back to where they came from, because clearly this isn't happening.

Regarding your last paragraph, please read the document the majority of migrants are NOT coming directly to the UK!

Quick analysis for those who won`t (can`t be bothered to) read it.

The central route (across the med) consists mainly sub saharan africans. Only 13% had no education and 43% had finished secondary ed. 47% had been employed before migrating and 30% not employed. 62% left their countries because of war or political reasons. 55% of migrants interviewed along the Central Mediterranean route reported Italy as their intended country of destination (ie. the usual fist landing point). Other reported destinations were Germany (9%), United Kingdom (6%) and France (3%). 13% of the respondents didn’t have any specific destination in mind.

The eastern route (across europe E - W) over a third of them are from Afghanistan, the rest from further east. 43% had secondary ed and just 7% had none, and 74% were leaving because of war/political reasons. 50% of them wee heading for Germany and the analysis of the data didn`t include the UK as the numbers were so low they were lumped in with all the other european countries except for Fance Germany Italy and Holland who had the vast majority of migrants heading for them.

I`m quite happy to see any data that contradicts this or shows that every man, woman and thier dog is heading for the life of Riley in the UK. For those who wsh to have a look THIS DOCUMENT shows that most migrants don`t have the full facts about the country they are trying to get to and most try to get to a country where they have familial connections.

14 minutes ago, henry d said:

Regarding your last paragraph, please read the document the majority of migrants are NOT coming directly to the UK!

The central route (across the med) consists mainly sub saharan africans. Only 13% had no education and 43% had finished secondary ed. 47% had been employed before migrating and 30% not employed. 62% left their countries because of war or political reasons. 55% of migrants interviewed along the Central Mediterranean route reported Italy as their intended country of destination (ie. the usual fist landing point). Other reported destinations were Germany (9%), United Kingdom (6%) and France (3%). 13% of the respondents didn’t have any specific destination in mind.

The eastern route (across europe E - W) over a third of them are from Afghanistan, the rest from further east. 43% had secondary ed and just 7% had none, and 74% were leaving because of war/political reasons. 50% of them wee heading for Germany and the analysis of the data didn`t include the UK as the numbers were so low they were lumped in with all the other european countries except for Fance Germany Italy and Holland who had the vast majority of migrants heading for them.

I`m quite happy to see any data that contradicts this or shows that every man, woman and thier dog is heading for the life of Riley in the UK. For those who wsh to have a look THIS DOCUMENT shows that most migrants don`t have the full facts about the country they are trying to get to and most try to get to a country where they have familial connections.

Why are you bringing facts to bear? That's rather unsporting of you, and not playing the game properly really. I'm surprised at you Henry, and quite frankly a little disappointed...not cricket, dear boy. :)

Sadly, irrespective of "the facts" which few now believe to be truthful whoever supplies them the stream continues?

Lives lost, fortunes made,  social and economic systems at breaking point, the same old political avoidance or encouragement of the reality of the situation?    Why?  

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Once again, you are cherry picking items off the internet to back up your "argument". There are just as many which contradict it. The FACT remains that increasing numbers of illegals are arriving on our shores, and there is very little that we can do about it.

On 11/02/2020 at 17:39, henry d said:

Hmm, quick Google search tells me that they let in 685,000 immigrants in 2017...

Really? Illegal ones? 

Because that's what I thought we were talking about here. 

7 hours ago, henry d said:

Regarding your last paragraph, please read the document the majority of migrants are NOT coming directly to the UK

Not directly no, unless they're rafts are good for a 2000 mile ocean going trip. 

Maybe the direct route from Kabul will become popular enough for Ryanair to put a flight on for them? 

7 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Why are you bringing facts to bear?

Oh they're FACTS are they? 

Because an asylum seeker says HE is fleeing war or political persecution, it must be true then? 

62 % SAY that's the reason for jumping in a rubber dinghy, what about the other 38 %? They enjoy extreme sports, near death experiences? 

The vast majority are illegal economic migrants, if we didn't offer social benefits and a better life, they wouldn't come. 

How many illegal migrants did Saudi take in last year, what about the UAE, Israel? 

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Really? Illegal ones? 

Because that's what I thought we were talking about here. 

Not directly no, unless they're rafts are good for a 2000 mile ocean going trip. 

Maybe the direct route from Kabul will become popular enough for Ryanair to put a flight on for them? 

Oh they're FACTS are they? 

Because an asylum seeker says HE is fleeing war or political persecution, it must be true then? 

62 % SAY that's the reason for jumping in a rubber dinghy, what about the other 38 %? They enjoy extreme sports, near death experiences? 

The vast majority are illegal economic migrants, if we didn't offer social benefits and a better life, they wouldn't come. 

How many illegal migrants did Saudi take in last year, what about the UAE, Israel? 

Well said a great report , and every word you say makes sense  to me . 

On 12/02/2020 at 18:07, henry d said:

Looking forward to seeing your data...

We don't need data Henry, we have eyes and ears. The UK is an island, the fact we are surrounded by water obviously makes it the most difficult country in Europe for immigrants to get to, yet there are flocks of economic migrants desperately trying to get here, it doesn't take a genius to work out the pickings are good for them here. I don't blame the people trying to get here, particularly the genuine refugees, I blame our government for allowing them to come and for not booting those without genuine good reason out.

On 15/02/2020 at 20:09, old man said:

The main difficulty may lie with the fact that after destroying any personal documentation it's impossible to ship them out to unknown points of origin?

The solution to that is to ship them out to a country that is prepared to accept them for a fee. Israel does this very successfully, they ship them to somewhere like Namibia and pay the country about £2,500 to take them. 

The interesting outcome of this apparently is that people now realise the Israelis mean business and its not just an idle threat so they don't destroy their paperwork in the first place. The Israelis turn illegals around in about 48 hours. Being firm works, they are not nasty or cruel but they don't hang about.