BASC gundog insurance.. one shot only ?!?!

buze

We took BASC affiliate for our pup last year, as it was quite competitive, but this year on renewal we're being told that in fact, it's a "one of" and not a recurring discount, basically, we have to pay full price from then on.

Its a bit annoying, as we've been pestered with pretty good offers from the Kennel Club all the while, and we just ignored them as the BASC deal look so solid we'd be happy to continue with them, and now, we've more or less lost the opportunity of the Kennel club offers.

Anyway, that's a bit of a heads up. To be quite honest, I've *never* managed to get ANY of the disclosed discounts from BASC. The car ones are so hard to get hold on that you just give up, the dog one is basically a "bait and switch" deal. Not terribly impressed.

8 hours ago, buze said:

We took BASC affiliate for our pup last year, as it was quite competitive, but this year on renewal we're being told that in fact, it's a "one of" and not a recurring discount, basically, we have to pay full price from then on.

Its a bit annoying, as we've been pestered with pretty good offers from the Kennel Club all the while, and we just ignored them as the BASC deal look so solid we'd be happy to continue with them, and now, we've more or less lost the opportunity of the Kennel club offers.

Anyway, that's a bit of a heads up. To be quite honest, I've *never* managed to get ANY of the disclosed discounts from BASC. The car ones are so hard to get hold on that you just give up, the dog one is basically a "bait and switch" deal. Not terribly impressed.

You whinge and moan about you went with BASC (AGRIA) but their discount has ended and how you're not impressed.

You go on and on about how you lost out on the KC (AGRIA) offer which is also only for a limited time.

Just in case you haven't yet realized AGRIA provide the policies for both companies. 

Edited by toontastic

2 hours ago, toontastic said:

You whinge and moan about you went with BASC (AGRIA) but their discount has ended and how you're not impressed.

You go on and on about how you lost out on the KC (AGRIA) offer which is also only for a limited time.

Just in case you haven't yet realized AGRIA provide the policies for both companies. 

That forum is really toxic. And it's because of people like you. Well done.

15 minutes ago, buze said:

That forum is really toxic. And it's because of people like you. Well done.

Thank you, but I was just pointing out facts.

So it's totally fine for you to be toxic towards BASC while at the same time praising KC when in fact both companies are acting as agents for AGRIA and selling policies which are subject to terms and conditions set by AGRIA.

Perhaps you're just a BASC hater looking for another opportunity to have a rant.

Edited by toontastic

Just now, toontastic said:

Thank you, but I was just pointing out facts.

So it's totally fine for you to be toxic towards BASC while at the same time praising KC when in fact both companies are acting as agents for AGRIA and selling policies which are subject to terms and conditions set by AGRIA.

Thank you mr keyboard warrior, I'm sure you can now feel perfectly proud of yourself in your little chair, since you've been Right on the Internet.

19 minutes ago, buze said:

Thank you mr keyboard warrior, I'm sure you can now feel perfectly proud of yourself in your little chair, since you've been Right on the Internet.

Again thank you for your kind words, I am indeed very very proud of the things I have done. Pointing out the hypocrisy of your toxic statement is simply one of many many things of which I am proud of.

22 hours ago, buze said:

Have never used them for dog insurance as found them more expensive than rivals but I have used their vehicle discount and discount on a couple of other things and it couldn't have been easier. Literally told the garage I had BASC insurance and they just asked for the membership number. Sorted and saved me (my company rather) over £4,000.

Have just seen that the deal I got on my motor 6 months ago is even better for the new model this year. Not getting choked up about it though (much).

11 hours ago, toontastic said:

Again thank you for your kind words, I am indeed very very proud of the things I have done. Pointing out the hypocrisy of your toxic statement is simply one of many many things of which I am proud of.

Bless! Do have a sweet, dear boy.

1 hour ago, ChrisWill184 said:

Have never used them for dog insurance as found them more expensive than rivals but I have used their vehicle discount and discount on a couple of other things and it couldn't have been easier. Literally told the garage I had BASC insurance and they just asked for the membership number. Sorted and saved me (my company rather) over £4,000.

Same here, have saved around £5k on a new L200 twice now.  That should more than pay my membership for life I'd imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two dogs with Agria due BASC recommendation.   This year one of the policies went up by 15% when renewal came around.   Thought this was a bit steep as I have never made any claim for either dog.

So I shopped around and found very much cheaper insurances with seemingly the same 'life' cover.   Did some digging around and found that the cheaper ones say that in the event of a claim you will be paid up to the limit of cover for the year and then the total limit will be reset upon renewal "providing that cover is offered".   In other words there is no guarantee that they  will let you continue after the annual renewal date.

After more discussions with Agria I stayed with them.