DoolinDalton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Leach said:

Just reading some of your old telly favourites rainbow and Button moon was ours a team now that's on free view 53 also Knight rider and air wolf always on a ssturday teatime and bay watch with Pamela anderson

I used to watch bay watch with my parents and I never knew where to look but I was a child. 
batfink , banana man and danger mouse were cool plus count duckular

Oh childhood favourites well it has to be this unending series that iirc only had about 12 episodes.

Bagpuss-title-screen.png

Then for late childhood/adolescence . The car + stunts, + Daisy!

dukes.jpg

4 minutes ago, team tractor said:

, banana man and danger mouse were cool plus count duckular

I love those cartoons. So much adult humour mixed in too. Not that I realised at the time. All hail the worlds greatest secret agent!

15 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Oh childhood favourites well it has to be this unending series that iirc only had about 12 episodes.

Bagpuss-title-screen.png

Then for late childhood/adolescence . The car + stunts, + Daisy!

dukes.jpg

I love those cartoons. So much adult humour mixed in too. Not that I realised at the time. All hail the worlds greatest secret agent!

I watch them on YouTube with the kids 

13 hours ago, islandgun said:

😃  That would be Dixon of Dock green and Wagon Train for me then

How many remember watching TV on a 9 inch and every hour or so there was an interval when mothers used to scuttle off into the kitchen to make a cup of tea ?

7 hours ago, islandgun said:

When a 50" TV referred to the cabinet, We were one of the first in our road to get one and as kids we used to sit in rows in silence, as the wagons pulled into circles and the cowboys pulled off amazing shots from horseback...I wonder if this played part in my interest in all things guns

original.jpg.444504328d72dd5232e2d54d952d754b.jpg

My Grandads was smaller than that I am sure.  Remember we all went about 15miles to an Auntie and Uncles to watch the Coronation.

No , just looked at the knobs and they collate with about a nine inch screen which was measured corner to corner for some reason.

Posh cabinet.

Edited by Walker570

19 minutes ago, DoolinDalton said:

Thanks for all the replies so far, everyone.  Brilliant.  So many great memories from tv programmes to winkles!  Keep 'em coming. Hi ho Silver!  Away!

The Lone Ranger and Tonto were riding the range one day, when suddenly, they were surrounded by 1000 whooping redskins....the Lone Ranger turns to his sidekick Tonto and says “well Tonto it looks as if we’ve bought it this time”.......Tonto turns to the Lone Ranger and says “ what do you mean WE....paleface”............woooowooowoo!

Sorry! That’s probably as old as the series? Lol! :no:

12 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto were riding the range one day, when suddenly, they were surrounded by 1000 whooping redskins....the Lone Ranger turns to his sidekick Tonto and says “well Tonto it looks as if we’ve bought it this time”.......Tonto turns to the Lone Ranger and says “ what do you mean WE....paleface”............woooowooowoo!

Sorry! That’s probably as old as the series? Lol! 

So The Lone ranger and Tonto are having a good tidy up . Lone Ranger ,  were we going to get rid of all this rubbish ,  take da dump ta da dump  dump dump , says Tonto  .😀

Edited by johnphilip

How about Champion the Wonder Horse, Flashing Blade and Tales of the Riverbank ?  Also anyone remember Friday evenings in the seventies when The Wonderful World of Disney came on? There was usually some sort of wild North American animal fighting a dog in the story somewhere. Don’t make em like they used to !

38 minutes ago, feaks said:

How about Champion the Wonder Horse, Flashing Blade and Tales of the Riverbank ?  Also anyone remember Friday evenings in the seventies when The Wonderful World of Disney came on? There was usually some sort of wild North American animal fighting a dog in the story somewhere. Don’t make em like they used to !

Ah yes, The Flashing Blade. Apparently broadcast in 1967, then through the 70's.  Must watch it again on youtube, now that I've been reminded!

22 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Sorry! That’s probably as old as the series? Lol! 

Tonto was kneeling down with his ear to the ground and says buffalo come,The Lone ranger said how do you know,Tonto replied its stuck to my cheek.