Hawke Sidewinder FFP 30mm 6-24x56

steve_b_wales

I'm debating on purchasing the above scope for range use.(on my .308) I know how good the quality of these scopes are, having owned many in the past and have an excellent one fitted on my .204. There's a good offer of 10% off on one website which brings the price right down. 

Has anyone got the above and used it for target/range use?

I'd have a watch of Cyclops Joe mid range scopes review on YouTube. 

He says it like it is.  For all budgets he has his best choices.

For distance target shooting Bushnell match pro. In mid price scopes, in his words it's just below tier one scopes it's that good. Only sold direct to keep price down.

All the Hawke range are good at their price points. 

Edited by figgy

8 hours ago, gal69 said:

Check out the Athlon Argos, similar spec, I have one on my 308, cant fault it. Look on Optics warehouse or tacticalscope

My mate has just bought an Athlon Argos for his new 308, and I’m impressed with it. I like the Hawke scope, especially as they carry a lifetime ‘no fault’ warranty. There’s one on tacticalscope.co.uk with 10% discount.

UPDATE:

Well, the scope arrived this morning (delivered to my parents house) and it's a thing of beauty. The only issue now is not the few months wait until my FAC renewal is sorted, and I can buy a .308, but getting the scope past the 'high security, CCTV camera's, electric fence, sentry posts  and landmines', that my wife has positioned outside my gunroom. Once it's past those,the scope immediately becomes 'an old one' that I've  'had for years'!:)