I pad question.

samboy

Hi gang.

After about 12yrs of using Windows 7 i am thinking of getting an i pad. What i want to know is how easy will it be to adapt to the new system ?.

Or should i just get another laptop albeit with Windows 10. All i do is a few forums, banking. e-mails and a bit of googling.

Thanks all.

14 minutes ago, prem1234 said:

Yes apple is very easy to adapt to from a windows/Microsoft background....as long as you don't need Microsoft applications like word/excel/power point or outlook you'll be fine if not have you thought about an Macbook air ?

14 minutes ago, prem1234 said:

Yes apple is very easy to adapt to from a windows/Microsoft background....as long as you don't need Microsoft applications like word/excel/power point or outlook you'll be fine if not have you thought about an Macbook air ?

I only want to spend £400.

Jumping from Windows to an Ipad is easy, they are very instinctive and none of the sub menu/sub menu/ sub menu you get with other tablets. Jumping from windows to a Mac Book is not that easy, I had one and struggled with it, so much so I often ended up googling how to find things. I’m an IPhone/IPad person through and through now but.....apple are a ruthless bunch, regardless what they say, whenever a new iPhone /iPad comes out the older models are “unable to update” to the latest IOS platform. After a while they suddenly slow down for absolutely no reason and the battery life drops off. This has now happened to me with two iPads and 1 iPhone, both are now used by the kids. My eldest son is so sick of this he has just switched back to a google based platform. If you go for it buy the very latest model and hopefully it will last for at least 5 years.

Best of luck👍

I love my iPad very rarely do I use my laptop now as the pad is so convenient to carry around everything is just a tap on the screen,I’ve got a Samsung tablet that I use when I go away but not keen on Android-platform but horses for courses  ,if you’ve only got £400 to spend that should be enough for a lower gig model look at John Lewis for one get extra years guarantee too 

Just know that once you go the Apple route, you're likely on it forever. All the apps, programs and software you buy will be Apple only. We had an iPad for a while, but every time I downloaded an app I had this feeling that I was being stitched up. So when it got left on a plane and taken to Karachi I wasn't entirely sorry to see it go. Apple's graphics are excellent and there are some great apps and programs but I don't like being herded and sticking with Android gives you far more choice.

Just my tu'pence worth.

I've used Windows PCs and laptops since the beginning over 30 years ago. Wifey - who is a bit of a technophobe - never could cope with Windows so we got her a Nexus 7. She was happy with it until Google updated it to Android 5 when it became so slow it was effectively unusable. So we went and got an IPad and TBH it has always driven me nuts and still does. I'm okay with Android but I would rather cut off my own left foot than use an IPad permanently.

For £400 you'll get a low spec iPad, or a decent spec Android or Windows tablet (usually with better warranties). You might not need it, it could just give it better longevity. With Android or Win10 tablets you're not locked into the Apple ecosystem, which is a bonus to many, but some love it.