Tbolt HMR driving me nuts .. help please!

PPP

I have a tbolt that I bought new about 3 years ago and up until last spring it was awesome then I started missing rabbits. Sadly I can’t remember if I changed ammo batch (Hornady vmax).. A few trips to our range on the shoot and grouping were awful, maybe as much as 3 inches at 100m but I was never sure if it was wind and in the end just left it and used my 10/22 22lr and my Howa 1500 243, both of which were inch groups at 50 M and 100m respectively.

Yesterday I went to and underground range and the 243 and 10/22 were shooting touching groups at respective distances, the HMR was still all over the place.

I cleaned the HMR before going and checked nothing was loose, I put about 50 rounds through and my friend put 10 through but still **** groups... at least it isn’t me!

it always used to be sub inch easily at 100m with Winchester vmax and better with Hornady vmax but hated 20 gr CCi game point..  Now it’s terrible with the vmax...

Any ideas on where to start in getting this back on track?

Thanks 

First check the scope. If necessary put another on to confirm the scope is OK.  How many rounds have you put through it in 3 yrs and how many 50 to 60 strings in one session. You may just have worn the barrel out.    I've never heard of a 17 HMR burning a barrel out mainly because the cartridge is normally shooting vermin and not repeated shots on a range of that quanitity.   Scope first.

Ok a few steps I follow when working out why a rifle won’t group. I shoot them where possible off a lead sledge to remove human error  after each step  

1 shoot it without the moderator 

2 Deep clean Fouling shots maybe required  

3 strip to bare rifle and rebuild with a different scope and mounts that are known to be good.  

4 strip and inspect rifle bedding rails etc 

5 change ammo from previously good type and try different makes in rim fire.  With CF check chamber length as well 

6 bore scope