Sling fitting on a S410

stuartyboy

Really liking my S410 but could do with a sling on it for use when out and about.

Has anybody fitted swivels onto a PCP air rifle that could offer advice on fitting them or if it's possible to buy something that would do the job without drilling into the stock?

My powder burners have always had predrilled holes or swivels already fitted and I'm not wanting to mess up the s410 stock by mucking up what should be a simple job but knowing me, will inevitably become harder than expected

First step - see if you can pick your nose without poking your eye out - if you can then you have more than enough skill to fit swivels to a wooden stock. Have a look at pictures and gauge where, on the stock, most people have attached there's and use that as a guide. Piece of masking tape on both positions and mark the centre with a pen then gently tap a pointed rod onto the mark to help prevent the drill slipping - use a small drill, around 2-3mm to start and then follow with the correct size drill, marling the depth required on the bit with a piece of electrical tape or similar, second drill should be around 2.5 mm smaller than the swivel thread but ask your local smith for advice if you are uncertain. Once you have the thread all the way home you can alter it's lock position by putting washers behind the thread against the stock. TBH both my S410's had swivels fitted but I never fitted a sling to either of them.A drip of wax or Linseed oil on the thread will help it to cut into the wood.

Edited by bruno22rf