Brave hero or child groomer?

Lloyd90

Phillip Schoffield’s show runner initially came to a trial day age 18 to see what it was like behind the scenes. 

Schoffield was the patron of some drama / acting societies and could easily have known the young boy before age 18. Even if he never knew the lad before 18, Schoffield was a 51 year old man at the time. 

Within weeks he was working on the show and saying he can’t believe how fast things moved ... 

Why is Schoffield being praised as a hero and an incredibly brave person, whilst Weinstein and others get vilified and called out for their actions and abusing their position? 

Why aren’t the #MeToo brigade queuing up to shout their outrage? 

Word is Schoffield only ‘came out’ because he scorned his young lover who was then going to out him to the media. 

I wonder what the media would be saying if a 51 year old man had been knocking off his 18 year old female runner that he got into the job...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only because Pippa got out in front of it and has swayed the media around it to how he would like it portrayed.

If the lad had outed him others would maybe start coming out with accusations, just like has happened with all the other stars.

Weinstein is only guilty of using the casting couch, as has been known in Hollywood since the beginning of moving pictures. All this morality carp is bull. They had choices and made them. 

If the runner oy got involved with Schofield  after the age of 18 there is no wrong doing. He is lawfully allowed to. No good crying about it afterwards. He made his choices and regrets later are all part of life.

Edited by figgy

I think weinstein was raping and sexualy assaulting women, dont think this has much evidence yet if any. 

Think this all needs to calm down, just because somebody has been outed as gay. I do believe a reason was forced upon him to reveal his orientation but really can't be bothered reading tripe from tabloids with nothing better to publish. In fact i actively avoid reading the tabloids, i find out most news on here, when members aren't pulling each other apart. 

33 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

So the young man was 18 back in 2014, and the two were photographed together in a restaurant ( last year ) five years later, which means the young man was over the age of consent in both links.
Who is Simon Schofield, the bloke the young fella praised, and what point are you making? 

That's what they have been saying about Weinstein yet they never said boo about it before. Or went to the police, one or two I could understand might keep quiet but the amount that have come out after the first few.

Seen it's been reported his wife's devastated about him coming out. Not surprised.

Wonder how long before this one gets locked.

Edited by figgy

28 minutes ago, figgy said:

That's what they have been saying about Weinstein yet they never said boo about it before. Or went to the police, one or two I could understand might keep quiet but the amount that have come out after the first few.

Seen it's been reported his wife's devastated about him coming out. Not surprised.

Wonder how long before this one gets locked.

that’s a bit unfair mate some people don’t like my comments but the mods seem to know the difference between being honest and being offensive just saying it seems a fair shout on here 

34 minutes ago, Scully said:

So the young man was 18 back in 2014, and the two were photographed together in a restaurant ( last year ) five years later, which means the young man was over the age of consent in both links.
Who is Simon Schofield, the bloke the young fella praised, and what point are you making? 

The young man was 18 when he started there officially, but Schoffield had links to him before that (aka when he was below the age of consent) through being a Patron of them lads drama / acting organisations. 

The point I am making is, why is Schoffield being praised as a hero for coming out as gay? 

I believe that if this had been a heterosexual married man, knocking off his just turned 18 year old female runner, after bringing her into the role from being the patron of some children’s drama groups, there would be outrage about the possibility of abuse of position, potential grooming all all sorts. 

Do you not think it’s worthy or looking into? 

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

So you don't have any evidence?

Personally? None at all, it’s just a topic of conversation not a court room trial. 

17 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

The young man was 18 when he started there officially, but Schoffield had links to him before that (aka when he was below the age of consent) through being a Patron of them lads drama / acting organisations. If anything illegal has been going on, I'm sure it will all be made public at some point. Schoffield will obviously realise this too, but doesn't present the demeanour of one who is worried about anything. Time will tell.

The point I am making is, why is Schoffield being praised as a hero for coming out as gay? I have no idea. Possibly some fear it will hurt his career and therefore think he's very brave? I have no doubt he'll attract a lot of insinuation and abuse as has already been apparent by some comments on tis very forum. 

I believe that if this had been a heterosexual married man, knocking off his just turned 18 year old female runner, after bringing her into the role from being the patron of some children’s drama groups, there would be outrage about the possibility of abuse of position, potential grooming all all sorts. See what I mean? You're already making the assumption Schoffield has been 'knocking off' his just turned 18 runner. 

Do you not think it’s worthy or looking into? I'm really not that bothered; like I said, time will tell if there's anything to tell. What staggers me is the amount of abuse he's taking for coming out, and the assumptions by some that because he's gay he's automatically a peodophile. 

Who is Simon Schoffield? 

Edited by Scully

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Who is Simon Schoffield? 

Who’s Simon? Have I made an autocorrect error? 

also no one has assumed he’s automatically a pedo, but it needs to be looked into. 

It seems that because he is gay, it’s not allowed to be looked into. It’s certainly suspicious. 

The young man and his new employer have put in an official complaint, so there’s obviously something going on ...

9 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

The young man was 18 when he started there officially, but Schoffield had links to him before that (aka when he was below the age of consent) through being a Patron of them lads drama / acting organisations. 

The point I am making is, why is Schoffield being praised as a hero for coming out as gay? 

I believe that if this had been a heterosexual married man, knocking off his just turned 18 year old female runner, after bringing her into the role from being the patron of some children’s drama groups, there would be outrage about the possibility of abuse of position, potential grooming all all sorts. 

Do you not think it’s worthy or looking into? 

Personally? None at all, it’s just a topic of conversation not a court room trial. 

Has a complaint been made by a potential victim? No. Is there any evidence that a crime has been committed? No. Has there been any suggestion of anything taking place that would? No. All of which make it vastly different to the Weinstien affair.

Also. It wasn't within weeks he was working as a runner on This Morning. It was more like 2 years (from his linked in account) When he said he couldn't believe the fast pace, it was nothing to do with any relationship, he said it about the speed of the show when he went to see it being filmed. 

As an aside. That politicalite article has to be about the worst piece of journalism I've read in a long time. Whoever wrote it, edited it then published it were clearly gibbons and entirely inept.

8 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Has a complaint been made by a potential victim? No. Is there any evidence that a crime has been committed? No. Has there been any suggestion of anything taking place that would? No. All of which make it vastly different to the Weinstien affair.

Also. It wasn't within weeks he was working as a runner on This Morning. It was more like 2 years (from his linked in account) When he said he couldn't believe the fast pace, it was nothing to do with any relationship, he said it about the speed of the show when he went to see it being filmed. 

As an aside. That politicalite article has to be about the worst piece of journalism I've read in a long time. Whoever wrote it, edited it then published it were clearly gibbons and entirely inept.

He has made a complaint. We shall see if it gets aired in public or paid off in private. 

I never said the fast pace was about “the relationship” was also referring to the show. 

10 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Who’s Simon? Have I made an autocorrect error? 

also no one has assumed he’s automatically a pedo, but it needs to be looked into. 

It seems that because he is gay, it’s not allowed to be looked into. It’s certainly suspicious. 

The young man and his new employer have put in an official complaint, so there’s obviously something going on ...

The article you linked to stated the runner had thanked his mentor Simon Schofield for all his help.

I never suggested you were assuming he's a pedo', only that you're assuming he's been 'knocking off' this runner. 

Like I said, time will tell.

7 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Where did you get that about the complaint?

In the article, might all be false. Ruth Langford has a fued with Schoffield anyway and now employs the young man, and it’s said she’s pushed the complaint. We shall see. 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

The article you linked to stated the runner had thanked his mentor Simon Schofield for all his help.

I never suggested you were assuming he's a pedo', only that you're assuming he's been 'knocking off' this runner. 

Like I said, time will tell.

We shall see. Would be odd for him to suddenly discover he is gay but never act on it. 🤔 

The complaint isn't about Matthew McGreevy, it's about Schoffield and her. She made the complaint about the toxic atmosphere that developed out of the feud. She felt that he had turned the feud into a personal attack on her that was compromising her professional work. There's no suggestion anywhere that it's connected to McGreevy. 

I will also add this to my list of grievances against that shoddy article: That ain't Matthew McGreevy in the photo they've attached to the article. So. Either it's deliberately misleading or it's just incompetency. Either way, it doesn't make it a particularly useful or reliable source!

Edited by chrisjpainter