Brave hero or child groomer?

Lloyd90

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

The universal rule of social acceptability is that your partner must be at least: 

= (0.5*(your age))+ 7

Wasn’t it half your age + 5 not 7 🤣

Videos and all sorts going up on social media now asking what’s going on. 

One quote 

“Just imagine a male heterosexual 51 year old groomed and began ******** his 18 year old female personal assistant and studio runner ? Would he be brave?“ 

Not sure it counts as grooming but absolutely an abuse of power / position. 

“I did it to further my career” ... sounds a lot like the Hollywood actresses ... although nothing confirmed yet ...

I met my wife when she was 18 and just left 6 form only a few months previous, I was 30 and I struggled at first worrying what people my think.

8 years on , 2 children and marriage and no one is bothered . 
At 29 I was seeing a woman in her mid 50’s but it felt wrong so ended as fast as it started really. 
now my mate met his wife at 16 and she was 38 I think . We wondered what was going on but they’re still together over 20 years later. 
I think in his position it wasn’t a good choice to me honest and it could go /has gone so wrong for him . 
At 18 I certainly did not want a 50 year old. 
I don’t think he’s groomed but made bad choices

9 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

The universal rule of social acceptability is that your partner must be at least: 

= (0.5*(your age))+ 7

How’s that work ? I was 30 and my wife 18 when we met. Never had a problem ever . 

17 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I was 30 and I struggled at first worrying what people my think.

It was just a joke about the OP’s content - apologies if it has caused any offence TT.

We are all individuals and as adults when choosing a partner can do as we please.

Edited by WalkedUp

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Wasn’t it half your age + 5 not 7 🤣

Videos and all sorts going up on social media now asking what’s going on. 

One quote 

“Just imagine a male heterosexual 51 year old groomed and began ******** his 18 year old female personal assistant and studio runner ? Would he be brave?“ 

Not sure it counts as grooming but absolutely an abuse of power / position. 

“I did it to further my career” ... sounds a lot like the Hollywood actresses ... although nothing confirmed yet ...

😂 Ah well, if there’s ‘videos and all sorts going up on social media’ then it must be true eh! They say god loves a trier and you’re certainly trying; say it often enough and it must be true! 
He may well have been knocking off his 18 year old runner, but until it’s a known fact it’s simply gossip and assumption. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

😂 Ah well, if there’s ‘videos and all sorts going up on social media’ then it must be true eh! They say god loves a trier and you’re certainly trying; say it often enough and it must be true! 
He may well have been knocking off his 18 year old runner, but until it’s a known fact it’s simply gossip and assumption. 

It’s only a bit of chat Scully, this is the off-topic not the officially verified and fact checker approved section :P 

As I have said it could all be totally untrue. Just a bit of gossip isn’t it 🤷‍♂️... I have no incentive for it to go either way. 

Melb you really like Lin we all know and don't believe you.

The Hollywood actresses all knew about the casting couch, it's just prostitution by bartering sex for a film role. They all had choices, tell him to pee off  and walk. They didn't and didn't like themselves for it and look to shift that guilt onto the producers etc. 

This runner knew who and how old Schofield was and agreed to a relationship for whatever reasons.  Speaking about the relationship is fine, so long as it's the truth and not lies.

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

It’s only a bit of chat Scully, this is the off-topic not the officially verified and fact checker approved section :P 

As I have said it could all be totally untrue. Just a bit of gossip isn’t it 🤷‍♂️... I have no incentive for it to go either way. 

Yeah, just a bit of chat; I’m sure that’s how Matthew Kelly saw it. 🙂

Its fine....until it’s you who’s on the receiving end. 👍

I think Lloyd has a valid point, I'm not demonizing Schofield, more looking at the double standards of it all, Weinstein has been on trial by media from the get go, with very little evidence of actual criminal behaviour, at least in the beginning, hes been demonized more for using his position to get what he wanted with young, beautiful women. It appears (although like Weinstein in the beginning there is no hard evidence of criminal wrongdoing) Scofield may have done the same with a young man and he's a hero. Double standards?

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Melb you really like Lin we all know and don't believe you.

She's OK when she's asleep 😊

The Hollywood actresses all knew about the casting couch, it's just prostitution by bartering sex for a film role. They all had choices, tell him to pee off  and walk. They didn't and didn't like themselves for it and look to shift that guilt onto the producers etc. 

This runner knew who and how old Schofield was and agreed to a relationship for whatever reasons.  Speaking about the relationship is fine, so long as it's the truth and not lies.

This is pretty much it really , as long as no underage grooming is going on , then they just have to live with the choices that they made. I did plenty of things when I was young that I regret now , but they were my choices , and I have to live with any consequences. 

That whole les Dawson thing was a complete fabrication though 😅.

33 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think Lloyd has a valid point, I'm not demonizing Schofield, more looking at the double standards of it all, Weinstein has been on trial by media from the get go, with very little evidence of actual criminal behaviour, at least in the beginning, hes been demonized more for using his position to get what he wanted with young, beautiful women. It appears (although like Weinstein in the beginning there is no hard evidence of criminal wrongdoing) Scofield may have done the same with a young man and he's a hero. Double standards?

I could understand this if there had been allegations made by those involved. Has anyone made such an allegation against Schofield? 

I think the word Hero potentially is being missed used. No allegations that I'm aware of have been made, but coming out as gay doesn't make you a hero, in my eyes anyway

Both men and women have fought and lost their lives for their countries across the world, defending the people of the country they fight for, they are hero's. 

11 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

I think the word Hero potentially is being missed used. No allegations that I'm aware of have been made, but coming out as gay doesn't make you a hero, in my eyes anyway

Both men and women have fought and lost their lives for their countries across the world, defending the people of the country they fight for, they are hero's. 

I'd agree. I don't regard him a hero by any means; the term is bandied about too readily. It must have been a difficult decision, entailing a certain amount of guts, but it's certainly not heroic.

I’m not convinced it took guts after 30 odd years when someone is about to be ‘outed’ for his PR team to persuade him to get ahead of the story and control the information. Especially if that person works in a very progressive industry, with immense personal wealth and influence.

Compare and contrast to the actions of the commendable Flight Lieutenant Caroline Paige. True bravery. 

25 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I’m not convinced it took guts after 30 odd years when someone is about to be ‘outed’ for his PR team to persuade him to get ahead of the story and control the information. Especially if that person works in a very progressive industry, with immense personal wealth and influence.

Compare and contrast to the actions of the commendable Flight Lieutenant Caroline Paige. True bravery. 

Was he about to be outed? 
Personally I think it would take guts; Gareth Thomas and Keegan Hirst spring to mind. You can’t tell me that didn’t take guts! 

the real problem here is the truth he deceived people when your taken for a mug you feel a fool it also shows the morals of his so called star supporters he deceived the public and they are endorsing it as for what went on with a young lad half his age if a old man twice my daughters age was hanging around her i would certainly have something to say as there is probably large media cheques on offer today the truth won’t be far of to solve this one 

7 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

With one exception, I don’t think any poster on this thread comes over particularly well. Hopefully it will be closed soon.

i hope not because after comments were reported after the last discussion i am seriously thinking about packing shooting in now i thought shooters were all on the same side i’m very disappointed