Brave hero or child groomer?

Lloyd90

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Don’t be so precious! On the last thread I posted “who cares” about “coming out” and that “it was his and his families business/problem“......the poster after me responded claiming it (the previous post, which was mine?) was the worst post he had ever read on PW!.....the thread was then closed down by the moderators!
Still unaware what was wrong with my posting? or why the next poster took it so badly?

But I didn’t take it to heart! Lol!

Wow...I've gotta find this comment! That's quite the accolade you've won there...

Ah shame. It's been deleted. The world's obviously lost something extraordinary there. Commiserations. 

You're right though. It'd be a desperate world if we all had to conform to a single pattern. Nothing on here's been personal particularly - although I'm still enraged by the spelling, punctuation and grammar atrocities on the politicalite website. Some things just can't be forgiven!

17 hours ago, Mighty Ruler said:

Derek Mackay the MSP had to resign for emailing a 16 year old boy, does the 2 year age difference make it acceptable in Schofields case?

7 hours ago, figgy said:

It makes it legal and classed as an adult so yes.

There was also previous problems with him as he was told by NS not to go out drinking at SNP conferences, so I would imagine that he has either previous for the drinking or the drinking made him lose what filters he had.

The age of consent for homosexuals is 16, the same as heteros so I don't believe anything illegal has been committed even if it was ill-advised. What does get up my nose is if PS had admitted he had been cheating on his wife of many years with another woman, the papers would have been full of what a swine he was and how his poor wife and kids were dealing with it. Just because it was someone of the same sex, admitting the same lack of control and fidelity is lauded as "brave" and "heroic".when it is just another man who is incapable of being faithful to the woman he chose to marry. 

This thread is getting more bizarre by the day!

1. The fact that he decided to tell the world he was gay is somehow linked to a young person and thereby he could be a child groomer...really?
  2. Now we move on and he seems to be having sex with either the same young person or persons unknown whilst he is still married...really?

The PW massive are better informed than the press if that is the case.

56 minutes ago, walshie said:

The age of consent for homosexuals is 16, the same as heteros so I don't believe anything illegal has been committed even if it was ill-advised. What does get up my nose is if PS had admitted he had been cheating on his wife of many years with another woman, the papers would have been full of what a swine he was and how his poor wife and kids were dealing with it. Just because it was someone of the same sex, admitting the same lack of control and fidelity is lauded as "brave" and "heroic".when it is just another man who is incapable of being faithful to the woman he chose to marry. 

👍🏻

8 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Wow...I've gotta find this comment! That's quite the accolade you've won there...

Fraid not! It turns out this is an infamy to which I have no claim.....apparently the offending post was originally sandwiched between my post and the “worst post” complaint ..........and was quickly deleted by the mods.......

This thread is getting more bizarre by the day!

1. The fact that he decided to tell the world he was gay is somehow linked to a young person and thereby he could be a child groomer...really?
  2. Now we move on and he seems to be having sex with either the same young person or persons unknown whilst he is still married...really?

The PW massive are better informed than the press if that is the case.

henry d - I share your thoughts. I just cannot find the justification for this libelous allegation.

4 hours ago, walshie said:

That's spot on, it's how I feel and I think is the point Lloyd was trying to make by starting this thread, it's the hypocrisy of it.

1 minute ago, Stuarta said:

The lifeboat men and women, straight or not are heroes, not some person crying on tv and saying I’m coming out after cheating on my wife and family. 

And MRT (see my new thread).

This is the bit that really annoys me. He's going to have the whole LGBT network behind him saying 'oh how marvellous, isn't he brave'. What do the wife and kids get? guilt feelings and accusations of homophobia for being angry at him.

The BBC did an article on another woman who was put in that situation. Pretty horrible thing to do really.

If you're gay, fine be gay. If you're gay but don't want to be out, that's fine. But don't deliberately mislead a woman and children knowing it's wrong but doing it anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51413187

4 hours ago, walshie said:

I see your point, but HAS he been cheating on his wife of many years? I don’t buy papers nor do I watch morning tv, so genuinely don’t know. 

9 hours ago, walshie said:

Bang on mate 👍🏻 

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

That's spot on, it's how I feel and I think is the point Lloyd was trying to make by starting this thread, it's the hypocrisy of it.

Exactly the point I was trying to make cheers bud 👍🏻

10 hours ago, Stuarta said:

The lifeboat men and women, straight or not are heroes, not some person crying on tv and saying I’m coming out after cheating on my wife and family. 

I'm with you    anyone in any of the service who puts their life before yours or mine     paid or voluntary  are hero's  in my book  as a  truly selfless act  

and not as damage limitation despite the inner circle knowing for years