Sign in to follow this  
TRINITY

Today's storm

Hi guys, 

Anyone know of any shoots called off today or are us shooters hardy souls and not easily put off

Hi I believe Nottingham was called off as was Marne and oak lodge 

clays would be in the next county after shouting pull today , was going to the grange , but had to sort the double gate post out ready for the fence men this week.

Eriswell was closed today , but can’t blame them , you couldn’t hit a clay in these conditions and heaven knows where they would end up !

Steady blow here but a serious blow came through with driving rain lunch time, couldn't see across the yard...20yrds ....for about the 4 minutes then it died down again. Still blowing a bit but nothing unusual.  Primed 170 410 shells and resized another 200 ready for priming so the morning was not wasted.

Southwaite was called off earlier in the week. We were going to head to Westlands ( don’t know if it remained open ) as an alternative but decided against it. Just as well really as I would have struggled to get home; all local bridges over the Eden are under water now. 

I bought a new 695 on Friday so i had to try it out today, rain held off but clays were all over the place. Quite comical really. 

I normally shoot my air rifles on a Sunday morning, but even by the time I got up this morning around 6am it was obvious that this was definitely not going to be a good day for it. I can take snow, rain and sleet, but gale force winds makes it just a bit too challenging for a sub-12fpe rifle. :hmm:

Shot at coniston yesterday there were as many staff as there were shooters ! The shut down at 11 when some of traps were fully submersed and it was lapping at the top of the blue cartridge barrels on Spor-trap. Shot 75 the clays on the tower were being blown of the plate !

Regards Agriv8