58 on osr

dad

got a call from farmer last sunday drilled 60 acres wheat saturday afternoon if you want to keepyour eye on it, thanks for the heads up i said.i was due to go on some maize and rape "with hundreds on it" with a keeper freind. on my way monday i got a call from keeper he cant make it we will have to go another day (not heard from him since) so diverted to the drilled wheat with high hopes and a slab of carts. In the car. Arrived at wheat appart from a few crows nothing on it.decide to divert again to new perm  and 7 rape fields about another 15 miles. Arrived at rape about 11am to be greeted by at least 2000 pigeons, i drove around and put some bangers out and noticed farmer had already put some out with a couple of hours left on them, i got set up on a field i thought they would go on with a rotary and 4 fresh and 8 half shells unfortunately it didnt work no wind and bright sun i got 8 for £10 worth of bangers. On the way out the pigeons were all still on a field on the far side. Went again tuesday late hoping some would come to the trees to roost but wasted my time.went again wednsday early that amount of pigeons you have to try for at this point i have to say they were already there when i arrived and no flight line still no wind and sunny. Almost there and got a call from wheat farmer saying 3000 pigeons on the drill was i coming or should he put bangers out i said i could divert and be there in 45mins i was with a mate and as we drove up to the field there wasnt a bird on it we drove round the farm for a bit and spotted a  big flock in some trees on another farm thinking they were sitting up and waiting we decided to set up me one end mate took car and went other end i shot 8 they didnt come back out my ex mate put my car in the ditch and i had to phone for a tractor after getting it out he shot 4 crows. We found out afterwards the farmer put the 3000 off while spraying the field. Decided to go to rape again  friday very foggy early just starting to clear as we arrived not a bird on it but had seen hundreds in the trees in the surrounding villages as we sat in the car watching small groups started to arrive we put a few bangers out the farmer also had put some out also there were 4 big gas guns made in total about 9 scarers we seperated and set up in addition i put a moon walker up the far end of the field i was on the fog had cleared and wind had got up and birds started coming straight away i shot like a fool to start with well most of the day actually still in pheasant mode over leading them,they were coming straight at me head height i hate that they end up getting to close i ended up with 58 picked up 6 lodged in the hedge behind me that i couldnt knock out i had 110 shots but good fun i had to put up 2 rockets during the day to lift them off another field my mate only got 15 in a 20 min mad spell. First picture of a gang down on one of the earlier days.sorry for such a long post.

20200204_142208_compress45.jpg

20200207_161109_compress54.jpg

Good post, showing perseverance finally paid off.

I may be wrong, but I think that you may well have the edge on PC this week.

To show my ignorance, what is a 'Moon walker' ?

Thanks,

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

12 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Good post, showing perseverance finally paid off.

I may be wrong, but I think that you may well have the edge on PC this week.

To show my ignorance, what is a 'Moon walker' ?

Thanks,

OB

A white tyvek spray suit with wrists and ankles tied off and a stone in each where the zip is insert an old hide pole at crutch and push up to the hood and fix set up with zip facing wind when some air gets in the arms and legs move about needs a good pole if its quite winfy it will blow over. Old pc trick.

2 minutes ago, dad said:

A white tyvek spray suit with wrists and ankles tied off and a stone in each where the zip is insert an old hide pole at crutch and push up to the hood and fix set up with zip facing wind when some air gets in the arms and legs move about needs a good pole if its quite winfy it will blow over. Old pc trick.

Thanks for that.

OB