Found this in a shed of a house I’ve just moved into

Bob1234

Hello people, I’ve recently moved into a new house and found this in the shed. Just wondering if anyone could give me any information on what type of gun it is, also any tips on how to clean it up I’d like to see it back to its former glory. I can put more pics up if that helps. In advance thank you for any reply’s I’ll look forward to seeing them 👍🏻

1CBA10B5-9C36-4E52-BC33-F47206F02792.jpeg

Just now, enfieldspares said:

The rust needs to come off. The good news is you don't need a licence for the thing. Try tightly wrapping the barrels in paraffin SOAKED rags for a week. Of if you want to throw money at it use something like Henry Krank's Evaporust. 

Thanks very much really helpful I’ll give that a try let it have a nice soak see what it comes out like.

As long as it isn't the rust that's holding it together! I've used Evapo-Rust for some time. I don't know what's in it and suspect it isn't that expensive to home brew. I use it on gun parts, yes. But also on bullet moulds. It causes the rust to almost dissolve as it were in the liquid yet does not in any way attack the good sound steel. Which it leaves with a greyish tint. You can reuse it until the liquid goes from its new colour of yellow to almost black. It's non toxic but I'd nevertheless wash my hands and don't take a swig of it. It is not acid so if it spills on skin there's no problem. In fact I put the smaller bits in and out with my bare hands.

5 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

Nice find 👍

There was all sorts in there mate, German west front deaths head ring, building plans for the first Woolworths on church street, to west Germany made night lanterns, German officer uniforms helmets just all sorts of random stuff

7 minutes ago, Bob1234 said:

There was all sorts in there mate, German west front deaths head ring, building plans for the first Woolworths on church street, to west Germany made night lanterns, German officer uniforms helmets just all sorts of random stuff

Result, looks like the start of a decent man cave to me 👍

The most interesting thing I've ever found was a sword cane. Rust or not, too me that double looks the dog danglies.

14 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

This house you  now have? Was it once lived in by a Father Fitzpatrick late priest of the Roman Catholic Church?

677.jpg

Haha I think so, there was documents with the German eagle on top of the swatstika here’s a couple of the things I found which I’ve got at hand 

0A581848-ABEF-48A9-A605-79695E9E0E7E.jpeg

6741F256-7BF4-4E87-B723-1C9BDFA53D99.jpeg

737DEC8F-9F9C-4FD9-A83C-5EEA499D557C.jpeg

DDD37ED6-F386-4441-878C-77B5C9993ACE.jpeg

8FD0CB87-8E3E-4599-A440-E0C42DB62A64.jpeg