Found this in a shed of a house I’ve just moved into

Bob1234

Evaporust is expensive. That's the only why not. It's good but unless you can make something up like a narrow diameter drain pipe with a capped end you'll need to buy a lot of it to fully submerge the barrels as basically you soak them in it for three or four hours. No wire brushing except with a very gentle brush to remove easily shifted loose rust is needed. In usage you just lower the rusted item into a bath or container full of Evaporust to cover them and let it do its work with no input from you. It doesn't need watching. You can walk away and leave it. If you forget and come back six hours later there's no harm. But if you can, yes, get a "just fits" length of plastic pipe and a leakproof cap to soak them vertically you'll need a lot of it.

Edited by enfieldspares

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Evaporust is expensive. That's the only why not. It's good but unless you can make something up like a narrow diameter drain pipe with a capped end you'll need to buy a lot of it to fully submerge the barrels as basically you soak them in it for three or four hours. No wire brushing except with a very gentle brush to remove easily shifted loose rust is needed. In usage you just lower the rusted item into a bath or container full of Evaporust to cover them and let it do its work with no input from you. It doesn't need watching. You can walk away and leave it. If you forget and come back six hours later there's no harm. But if you can, yes, get a "just fits" length of plastic pipe and a leakproof cap to soak them vertically you'll need a lot of it.

Nooo , why not on your sgc ?

16 hours ago, Bob1234 said:

Haha I think so, there was documents with the German eagle on top of the swatstika here’s a couple of the things I found which I’ve got at hand 

0A581848-ABEF-48A9-A605-79695E9E0E7E.jpeg

6741F256-7BF4-4E87-B723-1C9BDFA53D99.jpeg

737DEC8F-9F9C-4FD9-A83C-5EEA499D557C.jpeg

DDD37ED6-F386-4441-878C-77B5C9993ACE.jpeg

8FD0CB87-8E3E-4599-A440-E0C42DB62A64.jpeg

The gold eagle and laurel sports badge was issued by the NSRL each year, they usually have a date on the laurel bar, although from what I understand if the athlete won the same event for four years in succession they were issued a badge without a date, they came in a roll from the factory, cut and stitched to the sports jackets.

If genuine worth about £30-£50 each