Planning permission

spurs 14

No it’s not me I’m objecting ! We’re in a cul de sac in town , ten houses , it backs onto a row of terraced houses with one large house which years ago was turned into flats with an area out back for parking and access from their road to it , 

Now this was sold flats tarted up and sold on but developer kept car park and put in for planning permission for a house , then a bungalow now a small bungalow , it’s surrounded on all sides by overlooking houses but wanted access from our side plus it really is a tiny plot 

it keeps getting rejected but it’s a pain just wondered if there was a limit , just smacks of greed by the developer , I’d have thought that off road parking would have been a plus selling points for the flats but I guess this is more profit , 

Keep objecting when they try again. Near me a field that is flood plain had planning permission sought. They wanted 4 big houses and a road. It was clear they would then develop the rest of the field and very soon there would be an estate in an otherwise small village.

The access cannot support the traffic and it's out of keeping with the village, also in areas not considered for development by the parish.  

3 times it's been rejected, I'm sure they Will have another go. 

Piece of land in our small hamlet has had applications for the last 30yrs to my knowledge and all turned down. We do not have mains sewage but they still keep trying.  Now a new buyer of a farm with a small plot and dutch barn over the road has put in for nine houses but with no explanation how foul water will be disposed of. The whole hamlet has objected.  I am sure they will continue to make application.  There is no limit.

Just make sure you keep objecting, they keep trying to develop some fields by us and despite many applications being refused I have no doubt eventually they will grind down the number of objections until it gets passed. Objecting takes time and effort and when it’s every few months like with us, people get confused over what is actually happening and the developer eventually sways the council 

As long as they want to throw money at it they can keep going. Planning permission in situations like this is quite often sorted over unofficial boozy lunches or trade offs. It sounds all very conspiracy theory but we were talking about just this with a housing developer friend of our last night. It's not what you know it's who you know. 

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Piece of land in our small hamlet has had applications for the last 30yrs to my knowledge and all turned down. We do not have mains sewage but they still keep trying.  Now a new buyer of a farm with a small plot and dutch barn over the road has put in for nine houses but with no explanation how foul water will be disposed of. The whole hamlet has objected.  I am sure they will continue to make application.  There is no limit.

9 houses is very easy to do on package treatment plant... 3mx10m space (approx.) and you can discharge to a watercourse or drainage field....  

5 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

As long as they want to throw money at it they can keep going. Planning permission in situations like this is quite often sorted over unofficial boozy lunches or trade offs. It sounds all very conspiracy theory but we were talking about just this with a housing developer friend of our last night. It's not what you know it's who you know. 

Also the council can't wait for the Rates to start flowing in?

hello, these Council workers like planning many are jobs worth and prone to this sort of behaviour, there was an instance in the Vale where a family owned a very large plot of land and house wanted to build another house for a family member, tried many times for planning but were turned down so put up for sale, and guess what bought by a planning officer family member,   

2 hours ago, old man said:

Also the council can't wait for the Rates to start flowing in?

They don't keep them from resi. 

10 minutes ago, Shot & Missed said:

Could be seen that way- everyone's house was development when it was built.

:good:This and we need more houses. 

16 hours ago, oowee said:

They don't keep them from resi. 

:good:This and we need more houses. 

I beg to differ these are cuts from the local gov, website

Council Tax

A council tax is set by each individual authority and authorities are able to retain all of the funding raised from council tax in their area to support their budget.

Council tax is charged on domestic properties,

Business Rates

Business rates are set by central government, which sets the multiplier, a pence in the pound value which is then applied to the rateable value, an estimate of the open market rental value a property could achieve on a specified date. Properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less are exempt from business rates and those up to £15,000 are eligible for small business rates relief. There are other reliefs and exemptions, including an 80 per cent discount for properties used by charities.

Currently local government, collectively retains half of the income from business rates,

Stop it, Chaps, for crying out loud don't wind me up. You need to see what the clown next door has banged in for. My shooting oppo is a builder and can't stop laughing. The house has just been sold and oppo is convinced that the guy will move in (he has) create havoc, wait the period and then sell and move on. If you want a five bedroom house, why buy a 2 bedroom bungalow and extend it outwards and upwards. :mad:

56 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Stop it, Chaps, for crying out loud don't wind me up. You need to see what the clown next door has banged in for. My shooting oppo is a builder and can't stop laughing. The house has just been sold and oppo is convinced that the guy will move in (he has) create havoc, wait the period and then sell and move on. If you want a five bedroom house, why buy a 2 bedroom bungalow and extend it outwards and upwards.

You have answered that yourself, they wait the period & then sell it on for a tidy profit. My ex boss has twice done this & I helped him on the one he is currently residing in, wich again he will sell on.

Dan.

12 hours ago, wymberley said:

Stop it, Chaps, for crying out loud don't wind me up. You need to see what the clown next door has banged in for. My shooting oppo is a builder and can't stop laughing. The house has just been sold and oppo is convinced that the guy will move in (he has) create havoc, wait the period and then sell and move on. If you want a five bedroom house, why buy a 2 bedroom bungalow and extend it outwards and upwards.

its all about the £    have worked on many historical  listed buildings in sensitive areas for many  years        now the thinking is ultra modern so as not to look like fake old       I despair      the only one in a historic village  being an absolute  eye sore      standing on its own      may as well be a pizza hut     steel building  would fit in  better