Pheasant Burgers

sam triple

Thought Id try these for a change ,was getting a bit  bored with just having pheasant roasted so out came the mincer 4 pheasants breasted,  some bacon , onion and pork belly ,bread crumbs and thru the mincer it all went ,1 large egg from my chickens ,salt & pepper mixed together with my hands and into the burger press they went ended up getting 12 decent sized burgers out it all and they taste a hell of a lot better than Muc Donalds

rest of the birds went to the slow cooker , took what ever meat was left and there was a fair bit that will be going into a game pie or 3 along with some venison ,rabbit ,partridge and pigeon

34 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

I did some duck burgers the other week.

Just some red onion, pintail, chilli flakes and an egg … used the food processor rather than the mincer I usually do …. still worked a treat.

had thought about adding a bit of chilli but theres no way my daughter would have eaten them ,shes bad enough when it comes to eating plain pheasant I have to call it "Field Chicken "

18 minutes ago, sam triple said:

had thought about adding a bit of chilli but theres no way my daughter would have eaten them ,shes bad enough when it comes to eating plain pheasant I have to call it "Field Chicken "

Yep … my 'breaded chicken' with veg burgers are suspiciously 'gamey'  …. but they get devoured by both of my kids.

The first time I done hare for my boy I didn't tell him what it was, done it with all the normal roast trimmings. All he kept saying was ' have you tried that meat with some gravy dad, that's nice' and at the end of the meal it was ' is there anymore of that meat and gravy left dad' 

When I told him what he'd eaten he pulled a bit of a face, then told me he wanted it again and he's been up for trying different game ever since. I'll have to give your burger recipe a try.

Edited by Farmboy91

26 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

The first time I done hare for my boy I didn't tell him what it was, done it with all the normal roast trimmings. All he kept saying was ' have you tried that meat with some gravy dad, that's nice' and at the end of the meal it was ' is there anymore of that meat and gravy left dad' 

When I told him what he'd eaten he pulled a bit of a face, then told me he wanted it again and he's been up for trying different game ever since. I'll have to give your burger recipe a try.

Yes give it ago shake it add chilli or whatever you like to a few of them , but enjoy them

1 minute ago, sam triple said:

Yes give it ago shake it add chilli or whatever you like to a few of them , but enjoy them

I love a bit of heat so I'll do the chilli ones of us and a normally seasoned one for my boy.

What sort of mincer have you got?

Ive seen cheap ones but don't want to waste money on one that's pants, was tempted to go for something pre 1950's if I could find it.

8 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I love a bit of heat so I'll do the chilli ones of us and a normally seasoned one for my boy.

Ive seen cheap ones but don't want to waste money on one that's pants, was tempted to go for something pre 1950's if I could find it.

I don't know its the womans all I know is its an electric equivalent to the old hand turn ones that used to clamp onto the kitchen table those ones must be getting an collectable item these days

Edited by sam triple

4 minutes ago, sam triple said:

I don't know its the womans all I know is its an electric equivalent to the old hand turn ones that used to clamp onto the kitchen table those ones must be getting an collectable item these days

😂

I know it's worth having something half decent so it can deal with sinews etc, I'll have a look for a electric one too, cheers 👍

16 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Don't let not having a mincer stop you though …

My last 2 lots I've used a food processor with great (certainly good enough!) results.

My mincer is around 5 years old, and like the ones for around 29 quid off the bay.

Does the processer give more liquid consistency? That's what put me off using it in the past 

4 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

The ones off ebay for £30 odd are fine. I have one and they make short work of a pile of meat.