Top Gear

Lampwick

Haven't watched it, but it from what I've heard the chemistry between the presenters is there again after a few false starts. TBH I thought it had already passed it's sell by date before Clarkson & Co left, so I haven't much interest in watching 3 blokes larking around with vehicles, even if they are doing it well. The BBC seems to fixate on everlastingly recycling shows by a process of just wheeling in a new set of presenters and without refreshing the format at all.

I actually think a show that concentrated more on the cars rather than just on the presenters would attract a wider audience.

First TV show for a good while that has made me properly laugh. The three of them seem to have a genuine chemistry, at the expense of each other. When the entire back axle dropped out of Mcguinness’s car in last nights episode, it was one of the funniest things i have seen on TV.

2 hours ago, Westward said:

I actually think a show that concentrated more on the cars rather than just on the presenters would attract a wider audience.

History would suggest otherwise.  'Consumer info' type car programmes are a bit past their sell-by date, as all the information is on the internet, with proper test report videos should you need it.

Although I have previously professed to not 'doing' broadcast TV anymore, I take a look at TG last night.  I lasted five minutes.  At least Clarkson and co when doing obviously scripted stuff, can vaguely 'act', for want of a better term.  And the two Northerners can barely even talk to camera.

I watched the new episode of Project Binky instead...

Edited by udderlyoffroad

3 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

as all the information is on the internet, with proper test report videos should you need it.

I get the point but I do find on line reviews, both vids and written, rarely focus on the things that matter to actual owners. The last thing I'd suggest would be a return to the dreary reviews by  Noel Edmunds in the1990s. No one ever cared how to stack the maximum number of suitcases in the boot. 😄

I fell out with tg when it became a show about 3  middle aged blokes being vulgar and generally rude in foreign countries. Didnt find it funny in the slightest not remotely amusing. The only cars are well out of the reach of most mortals. Found the whole thing a but of a willy waving exercise so gave up on it. 

7 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

History would suggest otherwise.  'Consumer info' type car programmes are a bit past their sell-by date, as all the information is on the internet, with proper test report videos should you need it.

Although I have previously professed to not 'doing' broadcast TV anymore, I take a look at TG last night.  I lasted five minutes.  At least Clarkson and co when doing obviously scripted stuff, can vaguely 'act', for want of a better term.  And the two Northerners can barely even talk to camera.

I watched the new episode of Project Binky instead...

Binky, now that’s a channel 👍