lifeboat

islandgun

The people who man these boats are all HEROES.   A team which should not be applied to some TV celebrity who is good with colours.

my daughters  Father in law was the Cox of the local lifeboat for many years....all manned by volunteers. 

Having spent a lot of time on and under the water my donations are Lifeboat, Air Ambulance  and ( unfortunately due to personal circumstances)  a Cancer Charity

RNLI and Mountain Rescue are real heroes, there should be a mechanism to bring criminal proceedings to imbeciles that are responsible for such call-outs in conditions like this.

We were in Snowdonia yesterday and mountain rescue had enough issues helping people stranded in their homes from the flooding but there were still idiots in the mountains doing things / in places they had no business being in.

3 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

RNLI and Mountain Rescue are real heroes, there should be a mechanism to bring criminal proceedings to imbeciles that are responsible for such call-outs in conditions like this.

We were in Snowdonia yesterday and mountain rescue had enough issues helping people stranded in their homes from the flooding but there were still idiots in the mountains doing things / in places they had no business being in.

Indeed. 22 rescuers sent out to rescue 4 idiots on Ben Nevis today, 3 of them wearing trainers! 
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-02-10/climbers-rescued-in-blizzard-after-scaling-ben-nevis-in-trainers/

The whole lifeboat crew put their lives in danger, just because some moron thought it would be a good idea to go surfing in the middle of a storm? Unbelievable. :mad:

I helped out at the Hastings Lifeboat station many years ago as 'shore crew', and some of the stories the lads used to come back with would have made a saint swear.

I take my hat off to all Lifeboatmen and women. I think it's an absolute disgrace that they recieve no funding from the government.