Ordering Magazines abroad.

ordnance

37 minutes ago, the enigma said:

How do things stand for purchasing online within the uk?

From what i can gather if its deemed a component part then its no different than ordering a firearm over the internet, in N/I firearms laws a magazine is seen as a component part. It may not be in mainland UK firearms law. 

7 hours ago, ordnance said:

From what i can gather if its deemed a component part then its no different than ordering a firearm over the internet, in N/I firearms laws a magazine is seen as a component part. It may not be in mainland UK firearms law. 

👍 

Edited by the enigma

On 15/02/2020 at 08:41, Mutiny said:

I’ve had magazines posted to me from dealers in the UK, and from the USA via Brownells with no issues

There are no issues doing it, its the legally that's the question. The police here are saying plain and simple its illegal, and could lead to prosecution.  

PSNI. The term ‘Firearm’ is defined as a lethal barrelled weapon of any description from which any shot, bullet or other missile can be discharged. This includes any:

• Prohibited weapon, whether it is such a lethal weapon or not.
  • (Component part of such a lethal or prohibited weapon.)
  • Accessory to any such weapon designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by firing the weapon.

Component Part in relation to a firearm means –

• Barrel, chamber or cylinder.
  • Frame, action, body or receiver.
  • Breech block, bolt or other mechanism for containing the pressure of discharge at the rear of the chamber.
  • Part of a firearm which directly bears the pressure caused by firing.
  • (Magazine)

•  
Edited by ordnance

The law is different in Northern Ireland. When I collected deactivated guns many sites would openly state they do not sell mags to NI. At the time it was something along the lines of you had to have a licence for the firearm the mags went with not sure if they have changed it since then, I've got loads of mags for all sorts plus the deacs to go with them.

5 hours ago, Lord O War said:

The law is different in Northern Ireland. When I collected deactivated guns many sites would openly state they do not sell mags to NI. At the time it was something along the lines of you had to have a licence for the firearm the mags went with not sure if they have changed it since then, I've got loads of mags for all sorts plus the deacs to go with them.

Maybe something to do with them making their own firearms here in the past using sten and sterling etc magazines, the magazine would be the hardest part to make. 

rectangularsidecf8.jpg