Yildiz over and unders

johnnytheboy

I can only mention my Yilditz 410 and that is super light.  I have shot this one for four seasons now and had no problems and still as tight as when purchased. Love it.

Never handled the Beretta ultralight so cannot compare.   If under 7lb then I would stick with sensible cartridges to keep recoil acceptable. Will still kill most game birds at sensible ranges.

hello, i have the Yildiz light game 12 bore, looking how that Beretta are manufactured it is from a single block of aircraft alloy and then machined and heat treated to form a steel like finish where as the Yildiz is made from a high grade alloy and the wear areas are steel inserts,  i will say the Beretta is more highly engineered but look at the cost compared to the Yildiz, i use 28 g cartridges sometimes 30g, this is now becoming a way of making light weight O/U game guns, i would say if you are only going to be shooting 1 or 2 thousand cartridges a year then a Yildiz is good buy, i have not seen any reports on malfunctions and anyway like most guns if looked after will last many years, well not my years :lol: should ad my Yildiz has 26 inch barrels,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

3 hours ago, figgy said:

The newer yildiz with the wedge bite like Perazzi are very nice looking guns and look very well engineered. 

Johnny of the gun shop had some commissioned for the shop. Good videos on them too.

I had a 28 bore alloy yildiz, for the money they're very good 

This. Johnny is talking to his mate at Oxford Gun Club(?) the one who looks slightly boss eyed, in one video, and he rates the Yildiz very highly, and put it in his top five OU’s for under a grand. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

This. Johnny is talking to his mate at Oxford Gun Club(?) the one who looks slightly boss eyed, in one video, and he rates the Yildiz very highly, and put it in his top five OU’s for under a grand. 

hello, that may be one of the owners, not my favourite gun shop, they use to favour the Lincoln shotguns, was that in a video Scully ?

50 minutes ago, figgy said:

Only slightly,  he can see the clays coming from behind 😂👍

😂

41 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, that may be one of the owners, not my favourite gun shop, they use to favour the Lincoln shotguns, was that in a video Scully ?

He rated the ATA Sport ( with the adjustable comb ) the Yildiz, the Bettinsolli(?) ....can’t remember! Am gonna have to watch it again now! It’s on YouTube. 

36 minutes ago, Scully said:

😂

He rated the ATA Sport ( with the adjustable comb ) the Yildiz, the Bettinsolli(?) ....can’t remember! Am gonna have to watch it again now! It’s on YouTube. 

hello, i think the Oxford gun shop use the importing company of shotguns they get the best deal from to use for their shooting school, the one you mention is David Florent, son of Doug and Shirley

31 minutes ago, figgy said:

Couple of friends had betinsoli guns and liked them 

I have a Bettinsoli double rifle and cannot fault it. Laid a load of pork and venison on the deck with it over the years.

I did handle one of their shotguns a few years ago and suggested to a friend it might suit him, good price and felt right however the gunshop owner talked him into spending three times as much and he still couldn't hit a barn door.

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Oxford Gun Company - the "lad" will be David, the owners son. Think they used to be the London Gun Company? bought a few guns/items over the years but always felt robbed afterwards when comparing prices with other dealers. Shirley is a lovely lady though and it's worth visiting just to meet her.

hello, yes have been there myself, many many years one of the local pub landlords was a shooting man around 70 and i was around 20, he said to me one day, i bet ive shot more pigeons than you??? Shirley is a nice lady if you can take the same kind of reply regarding clay pigeon shooting, i did buy an air rifle from them years ago, after returning twice i gave up, any way i now  shop at Swindon rods and guns, where i bought the Yildiz

53 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i think the Oxford gun shop use the importing company of shotguns they get the best deal from to use for their shooting school, the one you mention is David Florent, son of Doug and Shirley

👍 He claimed the Yildiz they use have had thousands upon thousands of cartridges through them without problems. 

12 hours ago, Scully said:

👍 He claimed the Yildiz they use have had thousands upon thousands of cartridges through them without problems. 

hello, not sure on that as never go to the shop, but they do get a lot of customers

10 hours ago, johnnytheboy said:

Is that the Yildiz steel actioned clay guns or alloy actioned game guns? 

hello, i would think the Yildiz sporters in 12 bore for adults maybe 20 bores for children,