Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stu2309

NPPC???

Recommended Posts

Anyone know if this site is monitered anymore??

Ive emailed the enquiries address a couple of time but had no reply.

Thinking of joining as shooting in the durham/teesside is VERY hard to come by as all farmers/land owners are reluctant to give out permission.

Thanks is advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stu2309 said:

Anyone know if this site is monitered anymore??

Ive emailed the enquiries address a couple of time but had no reply.

Thinking of joining as shooting in the durham/teesside is VERY hard to come by as all farmers/land owners are reluctant to give out permission.

Thanks is advance

I have recently (several weeks ago) emailed with a question and have not heard anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stu2309 said:

Anyone know if this site is monitered anymore??

Ive emailed the enquiries address a couple of time but had no reply.

Thinking of joining as shooting in the durham/teesside is VERY hard to come by as all farmers/land owners are reluctant to give out permission.

Thanks is advance

Hi stu 2309, It is best if you ring and talk directly to John ,he’s a very straight forward guy, and in my experience very helpful. He’ll sort you out ,I’ve no doubt. Good luck Paul 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wondering about joining too.

Very few crops near me, it's mainly dairy and sheep. I'm right on the edge of open moorland. 

The permissions are hard to come by despite the fact I know several farmers personally. 

I had emailed but thought he didn't have any permission in this area as he never replied.

Maybe I should ring too, maybe he's too busy getting more permissions to reply😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul5tag said:

Hi stu 2309, It is best if you ring and talk directly to John ,he’s a very straight forward guy, and in my experience very helpful. He’ll sort you out ,I’ve no doubt. Good luck Paul 

Cheers Paul. Ill give him a call sometime this week 👍🏻

34 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I've been wondering about joining too.

Very few crops near me, it's mainly dairy and sheep. I'm right on the edge of open moorland. 

The permissions are hard to come by despite the fact I know several farmers personally. 

I had emailed but thought he didn't have any permission in this area as he never replied.

Maybe I should ring too, maybe he's too busy getting more permissions to reply😉

Its exactly the same where i live. Alot of poaching happens round my way and farmers are reluctant to say yes due to it.

Ruins the sport for the genuine shooters. Even when i tell them im Ex Army they still hesitate then decline.

Good luck buddy 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

I've been wondering about joining too.

Very few crops near me, it's mainly dairy and sheep. I'm right on the edge of open moorland. 

The permissions are hard to come by despite the fact I know several farmers personally. 

I had emailed but thought he didn't have any permission in this area as he never replied.

Maybe I should ring too, maybe he's too busy getting more permissions to reply😉

John's out and about most days visiting the farms to see if damage is occurring to the crops, he spends a lot of time talking to the farmers to make sure everything is ok, it's much better to ring him he's a great bloke to talk to and knows his job when it comes to pigeons and crows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stu2309 said:

Cheers Paul. Ill give him a call sometime this week 👍🏻

Its exactly the same where i live. Alot of poaching happens round my way and farmers are reluctant to say yes due to it.

Ruins the sport for the genuine shooters. Even when i tell them im Ex Army they still hesitate then decline.

Good luck buddy 👍🏻

I have grouse butts 2 mins away and frequently used to collect empty cases and rubbish from poachers, along with the farmer who has his sheep grazing. We caught some once and blocked them in by parking across the gates. Police wouldn't come out as its "only" trespass. Can't prove armed trespass as the farmer has no power of search. Being on the exact border of South Yorks and Derbyshire, police also argue who's area.  The other direction I have at least 3 game shoots within 5 or 6 mins. Again I know the farmers, landowners and gamekeepers. My son drinks and shoots with most of them. Unfortunately game is too expensive for me. Very few have crops other than an odd field of rape for winter feed. These are closely guarded. Stop close by in a 4 x 4 and in minutes you'll have a visit. Fortunately my son and myself are known so we get a brief wave. Still can only look and watch flight lines though.

That's why I'm considering paying for permissions to shoot.

23 minutes ago, rapid .25 said:

John's out and about most days visiting the farms to see if damage is occurring to the crops, he spends a lot of time talking to the farmers to make sure everything is ok, it's much better to ring him he's a great bloke to talk to and knows his job when it comes to pigeons and crows.

I'll ring him one afternoon.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the email ad was compromised if you want john try this one,spoke to him monday but he was havin trouble with the flooding

info@nppc.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive been in touch with john today on your behalf,mage back only one email in box from someone in midlands,so either use the mail ive put up or ring him if you need his fone no.pm me,hf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I texted him earlier and he responded almost immediately. We've exchanged a few texts this evening. 

He strikes me as an honest man as the advice given has cost him the joining fees for at least two people.

Basically there is nothing within driving distance available to me and my son. 

Having stated that, I'm back to searching for non existent perms or considering paying someone else. 

Should he contact me in the future, I'm now more inclined to believe and trust him than if he'd taken my money and given me a perm 3 hours away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I texted him earlier and he responded almost immediately. We've exchanged a few texts this evening. 

He strikes me as an honest man as the advice given has cost him the joining fees for at least two people.

Basically there is nothing within driving distance available to me and my son. 

Having stated that, I'm back to searching for non existent perms or considering paying someone else. 

Should he contact me in the future, I'm now more inclined to believe and trust him than if he'd taken my money and given me a perm 3 hours away.

what do you mean nothing within driving distance,are you not in sheffield? i drive 100 plus miles each way to shoot nppc land and i still think its worth the effort,just wish i was as close as you so i could shoot more often.but happy that john was helpfull for you,,,,hf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

what do you mean nothing within driving distance,are you not in sheffield? i drive 100 plus miles each way to shoot nppc land and i still think its worth the effort,just wish i was as close as you so i could shoot more often.but happy that john was helpfull for you,,,,hf

Just going on what he said, he has nothing South of the M62 it's all North Yorks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

ive been in touch with john today on your behalf,mage back only one email in box from someone in midlands,so either use the mail ive put up or ring him if you need his fone no.pm me,hf.

Cheers mate, ive sent him an email.. hopefully have a reply tomorrow or sometime this week 

Its much appreciated your help. If only there were more people willing to help instead of jump straight in with negetivity 👍🏻

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

i can see from the above people are really trying hard to get permissions now why is it so difficult now has something changed 

I honestly dont know why its such a task now to gain permissions. Like ive said previously, i dont know if its the farmers just being extra vigilant or what but its like finding hens teeth now getting a good permission.. or even a bad one at that 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stu2309 said:

Cheers mate, ive sent him an email.. hopefully have a reply tomorrow or sometime this week 

Its much appreciated your help. If only there were more people willing to help instead of jump straight in with negetivity 👍🏻

I honestly dont know why its such a task now to gain permissions. Like ive said previously, i dont know if its the farmers just being extra vigilant or what but its like finding hens teeth now getting a good permission.. or even a bad one at that 😔

it seems recent to me few years ago i had to start again after illness had no problems in a fresh area picking them up must have been lucky but i just passed one on to a friend who couldn’t get one whatever he tried it’s strange 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Just going on what he said, he has nothing South of the M62 it's all North Yorks?

nearest to you would be south milford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

nearest to you would be south milford.

Now I'm confused! I know South Milford is North of the M62 but that's well within driving distance for a days shoot. 

Maybe I  should ring him instead of texting and have a chat. 

Thanks for putting me right, I appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there are others within traveling distance for you,but for obvious reasons i cant give u exact locations,there are quite a few between m62 and a64,i go as far as malton and bedale,my furthest at bedale is around 117 miles each way. u can allways pm me for more info,ive been shooting nppc for quite a few years now.

Edited by hawkfanz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

there are others within traveling distance for you,but for obvious reasons i cant give u exact locations,there are quite a few between m62 and a64,i go as far as malton and bedale,my furthest at bedale is around 117 miles each way. u can allways pm me for more info,ive been shooting nppc for quite a few years now.

I know that you are a great advocate of the NPPC and that you put a lot of effort in to get out shooting.

Jacko also joined and he is having some success. It is obviously a way in to pigeon shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have local perms as well jd,but i like the different locations as well it all adds up to a good day,its like the anglers say theres more to fishing than catching fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I travel around fishing, usually take the caravan and have a week to 10 days in one place.

It might be worth my time to join anyway Malton is about 1 1/2 hours, Bedale about the same.

Recce, fishing local if no pigeons, shoot if there is.

I've been trying for a perm in Lincoln who only use bangers, I fish and stay on their land. Malton is much the same distance travel wise.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I emailed him last year, unfortunately he doesn't cover my areain Oxfordshire, but in fairness to John he emailed me back within one or 2 days of my initial contact, and he has said he'll keep me on record if anything comes up. I found him to be a good reliable chap, so maybe like others have said, he's out and about and just busy.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stu2309 said:

Cheers mate, ive sent him an email.. hopefully have a reply tomorrow or sometime this week 

Its much appreciated your help. If only there were more people willing to help instead of jump straight in with negetivity 👍🏻

I honestly dont know why its such a task now to gain permissions. Like ive said previously, i dont know if its the farmers just being extra vigilant or what but its like finding hens teeth now getting a good permission.. or even a bad one at that 😔

Around me, we have a certain individual who has secured 10's of thousands of acres of land and pays a lot of money for it, then brings in clientele from abroad and charges them heaps to shoot it, so we keen locals can't get a look in....I've been door knocking months now, and still no joy.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel for you there’s no need to hog the trough pure greed i keep perms to what i can cover if he has you shut out try knocking places he can’t use a shotgun on i have some excellent days decoying with the air rifle close to houses and such like 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...