Change of cartridge

dad

been using eley pigeon select 30grm 6s 1375 fps for about a 2 years now and get on ok with them  and need to re order 4000 i can get them for £235 per 1000 but been looking at the hull pigeon superfast 29grm 6 1425 fps at £220 per 1000 should i go for the faster cheaper cart or would the extra speed affect my shooting too much.both plastic wad. Any opinions out there.

I don't use them as I only use fibre, but did check out the plastic option and was very impressed . Thoroughly annoyed when I found out that initially Eley were telling porkies about the availability of 28g in fibre. If you're getting stuff for pigeon and plastic is of no concern, try a few of the 28g Eley Superbs in 7 shot. £234 from Just Cartridges.

Pigeon power 29g are very good and I need to buy some more. The new clear pigeon (white cases) are very convincing as well as I have tried a few boxes and they impressed me. Jdog loves super fast and has some cracking birds with them so who am I to argue. 

Romagnola 32g fibre (might have been 30g can't remember) where cheap and exceptionally hard hitting but then were a UK size 5/5.5. Had an odd smell when fired but that didn't put me off. 

All there abouts within a tenner a slab of each other and I bet if a blind test was conducted there would be little in it. 

The clay ground were selling jocker in 7.5 (UK 7) plastic for 40 quid a slab. They were great on pigeons but he only does UK 7.5s now. 

It’s whatever works for you , in your mind your used to those carts then stick to them , for me I buy 30,s or 32,s for pigeon never really got hung up on brand ,with me I’m sure if you put a handful of each in a bag and I shot them I wouldn’t know the difference , it’s not as if you’re talking a huge price gap I’d say they would be almost identical in the field but the end of the day it’s youre choice , why not buy a couple of boxes and try them next time you’re out 

I have used Hull superfast pigeon cartridges for 3 years on the pigeon.  The ones I use are Fibre wad, and I can't fault them through a 12 g auto.  My auto is a 3 1/2 " chamber, and I was worried about obturation in the big chamber. I cut a cartridge open, and found they had a very long wad column, using two fibre wads as well as cards.  Maybe this helps; it certainly works.