Greedy Celebrities

Davyo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Davyo said:

So we shouldn't object to Mr Brian May or Mr Chris Packem trying to convince/ influence/target an audience through the power of TV that Vermin control isn't conservation,it's a blood sport?  

No, in short, if it is a paid advertisement.  If PETA or LACS or whoever wish to pay a celebrity to endorse their message that is fine, providing that the content of that message is not misleading and help to the same standards as other adverts.

If either seeks to use the vessel of another TV show to promote the message of a paid backer that would be entirely different.  The same would hold true for any subject if it is not labelled as a paid advertisement or promotion.

17 hours ago, Dave-G said:

And me.

And me, I have also never watched a single episode of any talent (or lack of ) program, or any other cheapo prime time junk mass viewing trash. Celebrities go to the shoe shop, celebrities eat their dinner, dancing in the car park, celebrities build a wall....etc etc etc. I absolutely hate it, boils my blood particularly as I’m paying the BBC to produce this utter drivel.

Edited by Taileron

5 hours ago, Penelope said:

Gent's I held out for years thinking it would be much cop. Up there with the best telly I have watched. You should give it a chance, I think you'll all be surprised. It'll take a while to get through it though.

Agreed, it was about 3 or 4 seasons in when I finally caved and started watching it.

All I say is, if anyone of the above does decide to give it a go, the first season is a bit slow and does take some watching, but once it picks up it's a decent watch.

5 hours ago, Dibble said:

Nor me, I gather there were some rude bits, I mutter "pervert " to anyone who enthuses too much about it.

Well I must be a pervert,it was one of the best programs on tv in year's you could never work out what was coming next, brilliant for the start

9 minutes ago, B725 said:

Well I must be a pervert,it was one of the best programs on tv in year's you could never work out what was coming next, brilliant for the start

Yes, no character was safe

1 minute ago, B725 said:

I will give you that the very last episode was dire.

Big let down but overall didn't spoil the show. Was more about setting up the rumoured spin offs.

4 hours ago, Taileron said:

And me, I have also never watched a single episode of any talent (or lack of ) program, or any other cheapo prime time junk mass viewing trash. Celebrities go to the shoe shop, celebrities eat their dinner, dancing in the car park, celebrities build a wall....etc etc etc. I absolutely hate it, boils my blood particularly as I’m paying the BBC to produce this utter drivel.

hello, good post Taileron, oh just had my TV licence renewal, i wonder who the extra £10 is for ????  

17 hours ago, Taileron said:

Celebrities? I am still looking. The real ones in my book and supported by the lack on names on he honours lists are  usually ones not seeking the false status and among the first to be forgotten?