Browning bps 12 bore

flippermaj

I may get the chance to buy one of these.  I believe they are supposed to be one of the best pumps about.  Can anyone give me feedback if they have used or owned one?  As it is a bottom loader I guess you have to pull the barrel of to clean it, not as easy as a standard pump?  How do they handle and what’s the weight?

cheers

flippers

Chopped in my mossy 500 for a BPS , What a great decision beautiful gun shoots great ,trigger can be a bit heavy but action is silky smooth. Taking the barrel off is easy just unscrew the end cap set the pump action to half way and pull the barrel off cleaning is easy. Doing a full strip is easy too.Get one you wont regret it 👍https://youtu.be/sCik8kKuDwk Heres mine.

Edited by klatuveradanikto
Video link

Echo the above, sold mine but looking for another, IMHO the older ones are better but that may be that worn, they are more tactile than the new ones. Wood to metal fit can be a bit disconcerting with occasional steps on joins. The mechanism is slick and as has been stated the trigger can be heavy. Made by Miroku in Japan, they are quality pumps and if it fits, you will struggle to find a better one. Go for it!

Edited by impala59