fern01

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nuke said:

Most people don't care since she don't have any political agenda outside of environmental issues. I guess she is a polarizing figure and as such probably more interesting to the UK public than us Swedes, we don't care as much for drama as you seems to do.

/M

/M, maybe more interesting to some? Just bores me.

10 minutes ago, four-wheel-drive said:

Well it is the BBC after all what other would we expect

That's the truth.

1 hour ago, Nuke said:

Most people don't care since she don't have any political agenda outside of environmental issues. I guess she is a polarizing figure and as such probably more interesting to the UK public than us Swedes, we don't care as much for drama as you seems to do.

/M

It's not the drama, but the overt bias given to her by the media that is concerning. Her handlers and her are dangerous.

I have just read that Sir david Clement head of the BBC has stated;

And ‘sitting behind a pay wall’ where it would not be available to everyone means the BBC would no longer be ‘the place that brings the country together’ for iconic live events such as royal weddings, shows such as Strictly Come Dancing or Olympic successes.

That alone would be worth getting rid of the licence fee!

13 minutes ago, fern01 said:

‘the place that brings the country together’ for iconic live events such as royal weddings, shows such as Strictly Come Dancing or Olympic successes.

Head in the sand, seemingly completely unwilling to consider 'jump before you're pushed' might be the best thing for his organisation, long term.

As for Greta, well who knows, the documentary might expose the media circus surrounding her, and who is really pushing her (read profiting from her endeavours).  But I won't hold my breath.

2 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Head in the sand, seemingly completely unwilling to consider 'jump before you're pushed' might be the best thing for his organisation, long term.

As for Greta, well who knows, the documentary might expose the media circus surrounding her, and who is really pushing her (read profiting from her endeavours).  But I won't hold my breath.

Evidently it's going to show her writing one of her speeches. I think copy and paste may be a more appropriate term.

38 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Evidently it's going to show her writing one of her speeches. I think copy and paste may be a more appropriate term.

"An indoctrinated child being exploited by powerful people in the shadows" was a quote I think sums it up.

13 minutes ago, fern01 said:

"An indoctrinated child being exploited by powerful people in the shadows" was a quote I think sums it up.

Spot on whoever said it.

How is this child ever going to have a normal life? Fifteen old boy to Thunberg.. 'Where are you at school and what do you do in your spare time?' Thunberg replies...' I go around the globe speaking to world leaders about climate change'. Fifteen year old boy... 'Goodbye'.

As for the programme, it this is true this is the BBC doing what the BBC does.

4 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

BBC have released a poster for the upcoming show

FB_IMG_1581527734405.jpg.cdff791c1bb8fae9993ca65bae5ebeb5.jpg

😂 I can only hope there is a severe backlash regarding this programme. If it’s just about her then fair enough, but if it turns out to be a campaign to push an agenda, that’s a totally different thing.

The day we allow children to dictate policy will be a scary one indeed. 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

😂 I can only hope there is a severe backlash regarding this programme. If it’s just about her then fair enough, but if it turns out to be a campaign to push an agenda, that’s a totally different thing.

The day we allow children to dictate policy will be a scary one indeed. 

this scary child is 17 yrs old !

This is what we are talking about

her words? clearly not its scripted, its a performance, she is no more than a puppet, besides her English is not that good that she could have written it herself..

Her early stuff on social media was more angry and more shouty but also more theatrical. However it earned her huge number of hits and a massive following. Hits make money.in this day and age.  She is making millions out of this, don't be fooled 

The BBC just want to capitalise on a multi million pound phenomenon while it lasts  

Edited by Vince Green

18 hours ago, Penelope said:

It's not the drama, but the overt bias given to her by the media that is concerning. Her handlers and her are dangerous.

I disagree, she will get no results since, like everybody else, she wants to save the world by proxy. 

I'm more scared of people like Boris or Trump who actually have some power and are driven by their childish needs to always win any debate no matter the cost to the planet/country/people outside their base.

/M

3 minutes ago, Penelope said:

I wonder if the little Greeter will be gracing London with her presence tomorrow?

Youth Strike 4 Climate 14th Feb 20.pdf 379.89 kB · 0 downloads

Excellent , Im going down there tomorrow sightseeing with the OH , could be some entertainment for me :lol:

I shall report back, unless they do me in for being a denier :w00t:

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Excellent , Im going down there tomorrow sightseeing with the OH , could be some entertainment for me 

I shall report back, unless they do me in for being a denier :w00t:

I'd love to join you as I'm not far away, but I shall be working. I love their hypocrisy, all Nike'd and iPhoned up, but they're never give them up for the cause.