Super game

3 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I think I'm going to take @oldypigeonpopper up on he's challenge as soon as I can get hold of some pattern paper. 

hello, well done, i am sure others on PW might find interesting,  cheap cheap ceiling wallpaper and a wood pallet, say middle 6 inch circle black/ aim point,   then 30 inch circle then ? inch circle to catch flyers,

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well done, i am sure others on PW might find interesting,  cheap cheap ceiling wallpaper and a wood pallet, say middle 6 inch circle black/ aim point,   then 30 inch circle then ? inch circle to catch flyers,

I think the local QD has wall paper at £1/1.50 a roll so I might just grab one next time I'm in there. I might paper the whole pallet and then use the 6" am point.

I'll do a few other loads too, I've got some 40g no3 Victory mini magnums, 35g no4 Victory whites. Be interesting to see what happens.

2 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen them , plenty of 32g 6’s , 

Yep. I got my 7s from Just Cart's but I see now that they've gone although the Express web-site still mentions them. Still 7s in 30g Specials though.

Farmboy is right and it's a pain in the rear. The 32g 6&1/2s started to dry up - the best pigeon (not to mention game) load if you wanted to stretch a little - followed by, then, the 7s disappearing. Fortunately/unfortunately the damned arthritis struck and now it's best if I limit things to 1oz and with a bit of effort I can find some fibre loads that suit both me and the guns.

On 13/02/2020 at 11:25, wymberley said:

Yep. I got my 7s from Just Cart's but I see now that they've gone although the Express web-site still mentions them. Still 7s in 30g Specials though.

Farmboy is right and it's a pain in the rear. The 32g 6&1/2s started to dry up - the best pigeon (not to mention game) load if you wanted to stretch a little - followed by, then, the 7s disappearing. Fortunately/unfortunately the damned arthritis struck and now it's best if I limit things to 1oz and with a bit of effort I can find some fibre loads that suit both me and the guns.

What makes were the 30g 7’s? 
And the 32g 6 1/2’s? 

4 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

What makes were the 30g 7’s? 
And the 32g 6 1/2’s? 

The first are (still) the Express Special Game.

The second were the Eley but can't recall the name - something to do with pigeon. In a league of there own now - virtually Hobson's choice for an ounce + - are the Rottweil 32g. Some 28g clay loads about though. A few more Express 30g as well at the pricey end though.

5 minutes ago, wymberley said:

The second were the Eley but can't recall the name - something to do with pigeon. In a league of there own now - virtually Hobson's choice for an ounce + - are the Rottweil 32g. Some 28g clay loads about though. A few more Express 30g as well at the pricey end though.

Would the Eley one be a green cartridge and  came in the 200 slab? 

48 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Eley Pigeon HB  6.5 32g

36 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I'm afraid I can't remember that either, but lean towards red. Somewhere along the line a 200 carton does ring a bell, but again am not sure.

Didn't Rottwiel trap 100 come in a 200 cartridge box and from memory they where a green cartridge